National Oilwell Varco - Fluid Motion Solutions group is actively recruiting a Technical Sales Representative to support the Southern California area. This position requires a self-motivated, competitive, and technical sales representative that can identify market potential by qualifying new and existing accounts to expand sales by introducing Moyno Progressive Cavity and Chemineer Mixing solution and services to both the municipal and industrial markets.
• Responsible for technical sales of Moyno and Chemineer products and services
• Determine customer activity levels
• Ascertain customer needs
• Initiates sales process by scheduling appointments; making presentations; understanding account needs and requirements
• Closes sales by building rapport with potential account(s); technically explaining products and services capabilities to address customer's needs/requirements; overcoming objections; preparing and negotiating contracts
• Contributes information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from accounts
• Recommends new products and services by evaluating current product results; identifying customer needs and product service alignment for solution
• Act as a liaison between customers and the appropriate departments to ensure customer satisfaction while maintaining strict follow up procedures
• Forecast revenues
• Determine market share
• Provide strategies and action plans to increase market share and develop new customers
• Qualify customer objections and determine appropriate action when handling customer complaints
• Utilize CRM to document customer activity and opportunities
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and industry events/training/conferences
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Calls on established and prospective customers, maintains contacts with customers in relation to their needs and requirements
• Responsible for securing and renewing orders and other sales/account requirements
• Maintains and develops sales programs within the territory based on customer requirements
• Provide and report forecasts thru CRM for all accounts
• Communicates competitive market trends with recommendations for pricing and agreements for all customers
• Contributes to a continuing positive and efficient working relationship within the Region as well as with customers through the maintenance of an efficient, cooperative and accurate effort that achieves customer satisfaction
• Responsible for promoting NOV service program to all accounts
Scope of Responsibilities:
This position reports to the Western Area Sales Manager and is responsible for maintaining our existing accounts and establishing new opportunities within the assigned area of responsibility and thus contribute to the Region's goals through the sales of Moyno and Chemineer products and services.
The primary responsibility of this position is to represent the company in a professional manner, while maintaining existing relationships and capturing new opportunities that bring value to NOV Fluid Motion Solutions group. The representative must determine all product line opportunities (including: site surveys, technical consultation, cost of ownership education and promotion of the services group) to support our region and company goals. The representative interfaces with multiple levels of management, engineering and supply chain to effectively maintain and grow designated customer base. As required by customer's needs, sales presentations are developed and presented to further account relationships along with product demonstrations. The sales representative is responsible for accurately communicating customer requirements to operations, management, application engineering and inside sales from inquiry stage to order placement.
The representative is responsible for acquiring and reporting customer activity and sales to management thru CRM. Collection and communication of accurate competitive market information to management is a key responsibility of the representative's function as well as reporting customer needs.
The nature and scope of the position require the individual to be a technical self-starter, keep abreast of the current trends within the geographic market area, and interface with customer accounts to affect desired company objectives and drive all product line growth.
• A minimum of 5 years of industrial sales experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business preferred
• Ability to communicate technical information and concepts in various formats is required.
• Previous customer-facing experience
- Candidate must be able to work independently in a home-based office.
- Candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills to include the ability to provide group presentations in a seminar environment.
- Proficient with MS Office Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Valid US driver’s license and safe driving history
- Overnight Travel required at times
- The successful candidate for this position will have a customer centric focus with an emphasis on proactive sales efforts.
• Additional requirements are strong problem-solving skills, being a self-starter requiring
minimal amount of supervision, experience utilizing CRM, and exceptional organization skills.
- Customer Demand Planning
- Customer Satisfaction
- Defensive Driving