To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lakewood, CO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Government Accounting Specialist - Entry Level
Terumo BCT • Lakewood, CO
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Requisition ID: 22901
JOB TITLE: Government Accounting Specialist
Review transactions and determine the allowability, allocability, and proper accounting treatment of costs incurred in performance of Government grants / contracts. An effective Government Accounting Specialist will develop and maintain a working knowledge of Government Accounting requirements, independently determine and document the proper allocation and coding for transactions, and support the Government Accounting Manager in the preparation of invoices, billing rate calculations, Incurred Cost Submissions, as necessary, all while maintaining effective partnerships with the Legal, Compliance, Finance, Contract Administration, and Contract Management Departments.
- Research applicable accounting statutes, regulations, and guidance and interpret the application of requirements to Terumo BCT
- Review expenses for allocability / allowability in accordance with contract terms and conditions
- Perform internal labor floorchecks
- Assist in the quarterly monitoring of indirect rates
- Support the preparation of Government billings and Incurred Cost Submissions
- Assist with audit / review preparation
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
Minimum two (2) years experience in Government accounting, auditing, cost accounting, or general ledger accounting
- Basic knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and agency-specific FAR supplement clauses
- Basic knowledge of Government billings, timekeeping, indirect rates, and Incurred Cost Submissions
- Ability to problem solve, multi-task, self-motivate, and thrive on both team and individual projects
- Ability to learn and apply new or changing Government requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and process driven with the ability to maintain accuracy while performing activities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Experience reading and interpreting Government contracts and grants, the FAR and its agency-specific supplements, and Government audit programs and guidance
- Experience working within a matrix environment
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Additional Physical Requirements
May require travel, based on business needs.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Terumo BCT is committed to providing a safe and secure working environment. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and detailed background verification checks. To this end, all employment offers for positions in the U.S. are conditional upon successful completion of Terumo BCT's pre-employment screening process. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers.
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
- Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
- Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
- One of Colorado’s Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
- Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
- Leading technology through innovation and R&D
- Wellness programs
- Commitment to quality
- An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
- A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
- Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
- Growing through professional and leadership development activities
- Sharing company success through incentive plans
If you are the best at what you do and want to do work that is changing the delivery of healthcare globally, we invite you to work with us now to see how we can unlock your potential.