You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Peraton is seeking a Data Engineerwho can leverage experience and expertise in data exploration, engineering, and ETL to explore, architect, develop, and deploy scripts for processing structured and unstructured data into usable data formats for long term storage, search, and analysis.
- Creating a custom ingest pipeline to a Big Data platform with consistent performance and scalability
- Understanding of programming and data engineering concepts and best practice.
- Experience working with both structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data to include data parsing, transformation, schema definition, and query/analysis.
- Ability to manage and organize data while identifying trends and inconsistencies that will impact downstream analytics
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- High levels of curiosity, creativity, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with data pipelines or be willing to learn a pipeline from bottom to top
- Be able to trouble shoot files against an architecture to see where the upload process is failing.
- Be able to understand unit tests and add to them to increase stability to the entire pipeline.
- Be prepared to use, GIT, JIRA, Confluence, Anaconda, Spyder, and Microsoft tools.
- Be prepared to express ideas and solutions and walk together with teammates through coding challenges
- Six years experience with ETL with experience in following:
- Oracle 11g/12c, Sun Solaris OS, Linux (CentOS, Red Hat), and Windows environments
- Performing software and scripting engineering for data ingest with Java or Python for ETL
- Web services and/or microservices
- ETL tools such as NiFi or Informatica
- Using software repository tools such as GIT or SVN
- A current Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility and the ability to obtain a polygraph.
- Have knowledge of Databricks, Scala, Python, and PySpark
- Have experience tuning complex SQL queries
- Experience with the AWS and Data Ingest/Transformation processes
- Have worked in an Agile environment.
- You have worked on teams that practice Agile methodologies.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Salary Minimum: $57,500 Salary Mid: $115,000 Salary Maximum: $143,800 The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.
- Agile Methodology
- Apache Nifi
- Big Data
- Cent Os
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g35ywp7
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.