Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world's largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in Denton Texas, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E.
We are currently seeking a Director of Social Strategy and Brand Implementation to join our growing team! The Director develops and leads the implementation of the company’s social media and public relations strategies, developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic and encouraging product adoption. This role coordinates with the internal Marketing teams to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a social media influencer network.
- Develops social media strategy - Duties include online advocacy, writing editorial, community-outreach efforts, promotions, etc. Manage presence in social networking sites including Instagram, Facebook, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as need. Become an advocate of the Company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Lead Public relations efforts with outside agency by coordinating with stakeholders across the Company to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant public messages.
- Manage and lead brand activation event strategy and execution.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact programs and analyze, review and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results. Regularly provide feedback/insights gained from teams, to help evolve brand strategies. Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and application.
- Bachelor’s Degree from 4 year college in Journalism, Marketing, Communications or related field
- At least 5-10 years in social media, public relations, journalism, corporate communications or related
- Strong project management or organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Knowledge of blogging ecosystem relevant to the Company’s field
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Have a good knowledge of principles of SEO
- Public relations, Marketing, Sales, Community Management experience, a plus
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Creative brainstorming ability
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision. Life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.