We have an opportunity for a Short-Range Demand Planner to work with our Workforce Effectiveness team to maintain and execute on the Workforce Vision of “Enabling UnitedHealth Group contact centers to become a Competitive Advantage for our company."
As a Short-Range Demand Planner, you will grow and develop as you conduct and manage outcomes of various studies. You will be challenged to analyze, review, and forecast data for operational and business planning. As part of this elite team, you will be empowered to impact the health care system through the analysis and interpretation of data and presenting recommendations for business solutions. Join us! There's never been a better time to do your life's best work. (sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create Demand forecasts using statistical models and probabilities to achieve financial and service objectives
- Collaborate with all levels of workforce groups/leadership to understand emerging trends
- Drive toward forecast/financial accuracy goals and objectives
- Present and explain complex staffing requirements to senior leadership and gain support
- Deliver Vendor Partner forecast models and their oversight (locked forecasts, cost of training, credits)
- Drive a culture of root cause analysis, with a focus on removing variation from the system and removing defects from processes
- Deliver contact rates
- Provide Membership impact analysis
- Partner in the impact assessment determination process to build into demand forecasts.
- Deliver the executive suite of services and reports
- Manage cross - functional interdependencies
- Be a solid change agent and resilient to roadblocks
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively identified solutions
- Solves complex problems on own; proactively identifies new solutions to problems
- Plan, prioritize, organize, and complete work to meet established objectives
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience in Business and/or Workforce management
- 3+ years of experience in service operations center, call center or Workforce Management
- 2+ years of experience with Workforce Management software (such as Aspect, Workforce Management IEX, or Blue Pumpkin)
- Advanced understanding of analytic and presentation tools MS Excel
- Experience scheduling, conducting planning meetings, and managing capacity
- Undergraduate degree
- 3+ years of experience working in systems administration, logistics, demand planning, or reporting
- 2+ years of experience leading or managing projects
- Understanding of call center systems telecom hardware (PBX, ACD, IVR), call software tools and/or programming requirements (CMS modifications, vector scripting)
- Proven track record of identifying defects and process variation, and working to improve processes and reduce defects (Six Sigma, Lean methodologies)
- Prior health care industry experience
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $71,400 to $127,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Operations, Workforce Management, health care, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, work from home, remote, managed care, Business analyst, data review, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, WFH, WAH