Field Service Engineer Automation - Marine and PortsTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will provide technical support for Service in Process Automation Marine & Ports delivering superior, professional service, remotely or on-site.
You will be perform a variety of related functions such as Software procedure development, process debugging, System analysis, Scada System Configuration - Deployment and testing, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) application development, Windows Platform and Networking configuration and analysis, preparing paperwork and maintaining records of activities. Often work non-standard schedules at off-site locations with exposure to varying environmental conditions.This position reports to
Field Service ManagerYour responsibilities
- Perform field service operations that may involve unusual problems requiring technical skills
- Conduct tests or modification of equipment and procedures
- Record, compile and reduce data for analysis and assist in related assessment and preparation of reports
- Design and Troubleshoot, applying own knowledge and experience to resolve problems
- Assist in planning and coordinating team efforts
- Ensure that entire Automation & Control System group is in full compliance with all ABB Policies, Laws and Regulations including HSE requirements
- Awareness of the role of ABB representative on site and so responsible for ethical and responsible values that ABB requires
- Work with ABB Group towards a common goal for the business and mitigate risk
- Drive the Core Values and Behaviors defined by ABB Group
- Forecast tasks and meet/exceed resulting objectives
- Recognize/Manage technical opportunities, providing continuous support and direction to the Account Managers
- Ensure that ABB meets customer’s expectation and satisfaction
- Provide technical and professional opinions, sharing advice and development opportunities to Automation & Control System group
- Active role in the organization for technical/engineering discussion related to Service and Projects studies and participate in Group meeting to determine solutions and/or optimizations, reducing risks
- Foster strong and effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Be the Automation & Control System US protagonist
- Associate degree in engineering or related field and up to 2 year of experience OR High School Diploma and 8 years of experience or a special combination of education and engineering field experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments
- Experience in Engineering or technical field
- Minimum 2 years related experience
- Analytical, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Creative thinking
- Ability to communicate well with other members of the development team
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
ABB Marine & Ports supplies world-leading technologies that are driving the evolution of sustainable shipping. Electrical propulsion, data-driven decision support and integrated solutions for ship and shore from ABB are paving the way to a zero-emission marine industry, providing greater efficiency and reliability to shipowners, and preparing vessels to meet the demands of tomorrow. Our automation and electrical solutions are making port and terminal operations safer, greener and more productive. ABB Marine & Ports operates in 26 countries and has 2,000 employees. www.abb.com/marine
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Field Service Engineer Automation - Marine and Ports http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Field Service Engineer Automation - Marine and Ports
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-Hybrid
- Control Systems