To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hershey, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MANAGER, FRONT OFFICE
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts • Hershey, PA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Welcome to the Hershey Lodge!
The Front Office Manager at the Hershey Lodge is responsible for ensuring Front Office operations is in full compliance with all Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Front Office and Guest Services standard operating procedures, policies and duties. This position will actively engage in guest recovery. The position directly oversees a team that provides outstanding service to guests of the Hershey Lodge. The Front Office Manager is responsible for establishing and delivering an environment of excellence, hiring and developing staff, and managing staffing levels to forecasted occupancy.
About the Hershey Lodge:
The Hershey Lodge located in "The Sweetest Place on Earth", Hershey, PA has been building a tradition of fine service and excellence accommodations for over 45 years. With over 665 rooms and 100,000 square feet of meeting room space, the Hershey Lodge is one of the largest convention facilities in Pennsylvania.
- Oversee the daily operations for Front Desk, Guest Services, Valet, Bell, VIP Services, Night Audit and PBX.
- Manage room inventory and high volume check in services for transient guests and convention attendees.
- Address and resolve guest concerns quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Able to identify the strengths of the team and focus on creating a working environment that reflects the Company Core Values, and delivers on service excellence.
- Participate in the hiring, training, development, coaching, performance appraisals and goals setting of employees.
- Understand and monitor expenses and payroll to budget/ forecast for the front office. Prepare performance reports related to front office.
- Oversee the facilitation of overnight packages, ticketing and voucher inventory.
- Schedule and manage labor to forecasted occupancy demands.
- Ensure compliance with Department Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Review daily Front Office work and Night Audit activity reports. Address discrepancies.
- Ensure Compliance with Accounting/ Finance standard operating procedure and Audit processes: Cash, Check, Credit and Bank handling policies. Address discrepancies timely.
- Attend daily and weekly meetings such as Yield Revenue Management, Group Resume Review, weekly Division and monthly Department meetings, and other off-property meetings.
- Verify and accurately maintain property room inventory.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily.
- Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report, maintain close observation of daily house count and develop sell strategy for available inventory.
- Maintain required par levels of all front office supplies, tools and equipment.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience in the Hotel, Travel & Tourism industry.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Associate's degree - Two (2) additional years of relevant work experience can be substituted for education.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality or Hotel Management or related major preferred.
- Industry experience in the Hotel/Lodging/Front Office industry is highly preferred.
- Lodge convention experience preferred with high volume check in and convention room inventory management experience.
- Must possess strong interpersonal relationship skills, team-focused and able to work well with other employees and guests.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver guest recovery.
- Strong ability to lead, guide and develop employees, sound leadership and management skills.
- Experience/Knowledge working with a hotel front office budget.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to follow through on details and planning.
- Strong knowledge of computer software including Property Management Software, Microsoft Office applications, and GSuite.
- Embody Hershey Entertainment & Resorts company core values: Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Services, Team Focused, Respectful of Others.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- The work schedule for this position includes days, evenings, weekends and holidays based on needs of the operation.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer