Excell Home Care & Hospice Overview
Excell has served the OKC Healthcare Community for 24 years since January 19th, 1996. We respond to employees, patients, and the community to improve our mission to provide life changing service with a Spirit of Excellence. Our core values CAPLICO spell Celebration, Accountability, Passion For Learning, Love One Another, Intelligent Risk Taking, Customer Second, and Ownership. These values act to help balance challenges and opportunities for competitive performance in four cornerstones: quality care, financial viability, fulfilling culture, and community engagement and service. Those four areas consist of our operational foundation with CAPLICO as our guide. We believe life changing service starts with building the best teams. If you are passionate, energetic and want to make a difference for your community, we want you!
1. Conducts initial evaluation visits assessing the client’s clinical, subjective and objective data, capturing a strong clear picture of patient at admission, and develop POC to meet patient’s specific needs. Conducts accurate OASIS assessments and meets regulatory timelines. Reassess the client’s status and revises plan of care as goals are achieved resolving them. Submits completed assessments within time frames determined by agency policy and/or regulatory requirements.
2. Determines plan of care for skilled and unskilled care needs utilizing protocols, clinical pathways and acceptable standards of practice and education. Implements skilled nursing interventions with the participation of the client and/or family based on physician’s order and plan of care. Works to ensure positive outcomes for identified problems. Follows through on identified problems until resolution is achieved, refers other disciplines ie: MSW as needed to promote positive outcomes. Utilizing the nursing process in care management
3. Determines appropriate frequency and treatments based on physician’s orders and assessment findings and make appropriate changes to POC and schedule frequency. Verifies face to face encounter information diagnoses and needs for services are covered in the plan of care and documented each visit.
4. Evaluates the care the client receives from home health personnel through supervisory visits and provides input to the supervisor. Provides clinical supervision of the LPN/Aide per regulatory guidelines and documents with routine visit.
5. Assumes accountability for the coordination of care, implementation of physician’s orders, and provision of care from admission to discharge for assigned group of patients.
6. Remains knowledgeable of Medicare regulatory guidelines to ensure agency compliance. Functional and central reasons supporting Homebound status are documented with each visit.
7. Continually monitor patient’s records to assure care plan, orders, frequency and medications are up to date at all times.
8. Teaches, supervises and counsels patients and their family regarding home nursing procedures, medications, and other care needs appropriate to the client’s condition. Observes client’s status and reports changes to the physician and the clinical supervisor and initiates appropriate intervention.
9. Initiates diagnostic, preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate to the client’s care and safety.
10. Determines the need for continued home health services. Continues, refers or terminates care as indicated and documents actions as required. Recertifies patient accurately and assures patient has a physician who will continue to follow patient and sign orders for home care services
11. Completes discharge documentation within 24 hours of discharge to include summary of care provided and outcome.
12. Completes the HHCCN/other appropriate beneficences notices for discharge at 48hrs prior to discharge unless patient is requesting discharge can be done at that time. Completes notices for changes in patient's frequency of POT
13. Attendance at staff meetings and in-services and performs other duties as assigned.
Excell Home Care and Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Registered Nurse Home Health | Excell Home Care & Hospice | OKC, OK
Licensed Practical Nurse