To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Springfield, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Perspecta • Springfield, VA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categoriesResponsibilities
Perspecta provides engineering, management, and operational support services to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection on a Data Center Support Services (DCSS) contract supporting the (CBP) Enterprise Data Management & Engineering (EDME) Division. EDME provides innovative Information Technology (IT) services and solutions. Perspecta performs technical support services for CBP in the following principle technical areas Business Continuity Planning, Middleware Infrastructure Support, Windows Support Group, and Common Enterprise Technology Integration.
We are seeking a Network Engineer with experience working in highly available Data Center environments. As the Engineer you will oversee the installation of networking hardware in addition to maintaining, supervising and troubleshooting the existing network. Network administrators work to install and maintain a network on which a company's information and communications are stored and transmitted. This could include local area networks (LANs) and wireless Internet networks. Working under the direction of the Network Operations Manager/Network Architect; this position requires excellent technical, customer service, and organizational skills to support network operations for customer connections, administrative personnel, and staff. This position requires the ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments.
- Performing installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Routers, L2 and L3 Switches, Firewalls, WAN Accelerators, Load balancers, etc.
- Performing a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Cisco, Juniper, HP, Nortel, and Extreme network equipment.
- Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the networking infrastructure.
- Assist in the configuration and deployment of core and peripheral network devices, which will require continuous learning of new devices (i.e. Nexus switches, ASR routers, and long haul optical equipment).
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s.
- Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of all IT infrastructures.
- 3 to 10 years of experience and a B.S. degree
- 1-3 years’ experience with Cisco ACI (Application Centric Integration) technology implementation
- Experience with Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC)
- Experience with REST architecture, JSON scripting
- Experience with Cisco 9k/7k/5k/2k/1k
- Experience with Data center SDN
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
- US Citizenship is required
- Preferred Certifications: CCNA or CCNP
- 3 years direct experience required in the management and administration of network infrastructure - routers, switches, etc. - in a high-availability or e-commerce infrastructure
- 3+ experience with layer 2 network protocols switching, including but not limited to: 802.1Q tagging, STP (and its variations), LACP, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with IP subnetting
- 2+ years of experience with layer 3 network routing, including but not limited to: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
- 2+ years of layer 4 IP protocol suites (TCP, UDP, ICMP, GRE, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with access technologies such as LDAP, AD, RADIUS, TACACS
- 2+ years direct experience in management and administration of the F5 BIG-IP product
- Experience in DNS
- Experience working in structured change management processes
- Work experience at Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- CBP-issued BI Clearance