The ultimate goal is to provide quality customer service to enhance the quality of patient care. Under general supervision, the Customer Support Specialist II will provide day-to-day customer service and support for all customers and clients of Memorial Health System, 24x7x365, including but not limited to answering incoming calls, troubleshooting issues related to software, hardware, network, account access, and documenting of all courses of action taken to resolve or escalate the issues within the ticket tracking system. Assist with project work, testing of equipment, and research and provide resolutions for 2nd level support issues. Works closely with other IS Support team members and technical personnel to determine exact nature of issues and resolutions and communication of outages when appropriate.Qualifications
Associates Degree in computer science or related field required. Two years experience with personal computers and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems may be considered in lieu of degree.
If applicable based on individual job responsibilities, must possess a valid Illinois drivers license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy (five year MVR will be required).
- Minimum three years of hands on experience with hardware, including but not limited to, desktops, laptops, printers, scanners and mobile devices.
- Minimum of two years experience with software, including but not limited to, Microsoft Windows 7 operating system, Microsoft Office 2007 or above, remote desktop tools, Helpdesk ticketing software, Active Directory, Citrix, Symantec antivirus and Adobe products.
- Experience in answering calls, ability to understand customer’s issues and questions, resolving issues over the phone or remotely, and ability to communicate using non-technical verbiage.
- Experience with networking and web-based applications and technologies preferred.
- Ability to document in detail the issue being reported, steps taken to resolve or attempt to resolve and to escalate to the appropriate support team as needed.
- Well developed customer service, communication, interpersonal, organizational, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
- Highly effective written/verbal communication and task management skills required.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in a fast paced IS environment, changes in priorities, and to learn quickly and under pressure.
- Possesses the ability to regularly lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Availability to participate in nights and weekends \u2018on-call’ rotation and rotation for holiday coverage as required for providing 24x7x365 support.
- Assist with training team members to improve skill sets and disseminate knowledge.
Complex Problem Solving