Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills is looking for a talented Beverage Manager! This is an amazing opportunity to not only join one of the world's largest hospitality companies, but also one of the most diverse and renowned restaurant groups in the world.
This Forbes 5-Star property has 170 rooms, 6,300 square feet of banquet space, and 4 food and beverage outlets.This includes 2 restaurants, lobby lounge, and in-room dining. This is Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten's first restaurant on the west coast offering a collection of contemporary California culinary delights, combining new taste sensations as well as much-loved selections from his famed New York City restaurants and beyond.
In this role, you will manage the wine and beverage program for the property's food and beverage outlets collaborating with the outlet managers and working closely with the Floor Sommelier. You will report directly to the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage and also work floor shifts at The Rooftop by JG and Jean-Georges.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader with a passion for providing exceptional service, a keen eye for detail, and a talent for developing others. At least 5 years of food & beverage experience in fine dining and a Level I Sommelier Certification with experience in developing cocktail lists is required. Luxury hotel experience is a plus.
For more information on the property and restaurant, please visit:
What will I be doing?
As a Beverage Manager, you will work directly under the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage to oversee the property's wine and beverage program. This also includes orchestrating daily restaurant operations while ensuring proper execution of service, striving to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction, and maximizing the financial performance of the outlets. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Direct and organize the activities of food and beverage operations to maintain the high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service.
- Manage all beverage operations to include, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Food & Beverage department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
Implement effective controls of food, beverage and labor costs
Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Help ensure high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits and ensure outstanding customer service.
- Interviews, trains, supervises, counsels, schedules and evaluates staff.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its URL blocked - click to apply. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!