Our client is currently seeking a Production/Processing Superintendent. They are seeking a highly qualified Supervisor on the Plant Production team to continue moving the organization to even larger levels of food quality, safety, and production efficiencies. This role is for relief splitting first and third shifts, 3rd shift hours are from 10pm to 6:00am. This position will be responsible for a team of roughly 20.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Effective utilization and management of raw product
- Personnel management of their shift, including, but not limited to promptly addressing performance concerns and issuing corrective action as necessary, grievance investigation and resolution, reduction of turnovers and absenteeism, appropriate employee recognition and the development and training of subordinates.
- Maintain a safety conscious attitude among subordinates and minimization of all accidents; and accurately and timely completion of all accident investigation reports
- Maintain the GMPs on shift to meet the requirements of FDA.
- Must maintain close contact and an open relationship with Quality Control personnel as well as personnel in other contributing departments.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Manage crewing schedule for shift.
- Personnel Management for shift.
- Must evaluate new-hires during introductory period (familiarize new-hires with current rules and regulations, and operational methods).
- Complete New Hire employee appraisals timely
- Complete Annual Performance Appraisals of subordinates in a timely manner
- Ensure appropriate training through Operator Training Program and other training as required.
- BA Degree or equivalent training and experience is preferred
- In place of a degree 5+ years of production supervision experience in manufacturing required
- Coordination of multiple production projects and operations is necessary.
- Positive proactive employee relations skills important. Knowledge and focus on sanitation and safety necessary. Problem solving and decision making skills are critical
- Be able to manage conflict, change, people and systems in order to successfully meet quality requirements while adhering to the plant cost quality schedule
- Be proficient with plant measurement systems, including, but not limited to Operator reports, key reports, Quality Reports, pack and recovery reports, etc
- Possess computer skills at a moderate level with the ability to learn new programs as required. Preferred knowledge and skill with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook), and SAP.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Production Supervisor
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Decision Making
- Human Resources
- Labor Relations