Packaging Engineer – Mahwah, NJ
Kelly Services is currently seeking Packaging Engineer for one of our top clients in Mahwah, NJ.
JOB TITLE: Packaging Engineer
INDUSTRY: Medical Device
WORK LOCATION: Mahwah, NJ
DURATION: 6 Months (Temporary / Contract)
Provide Packaging Design Subject Matter Expertise.
• Perform remediation of existing sterile packaging for Medical Device implants to comply with ISO11607-1 and ISO11607-2 (Packaging for Terminally Sterilized Medical Devices).
• Work closely with all cross functions in the business, especially core project teams, marketing, regulatory, quality and operations to support the business objectives.
• Lead the post launch assess phase activities of all product packaging design solutions for products.
• Provide technical support to both the Quality Assurance and Regulatory teams to help investigate and recommend solutions to any package design related issues and the completion of technical assessments/SofHA’s where applicable.
• Conduct VOC (voice of the customer) for packaging and transfer it into appropriate action with regards to packaging design ensuring proactive and satisfactory closure with the customer
• Provide technical support to Packaging Operations to help troubleshoot, investigate, and recommend solutions to any package related issues.
• Provide technical support to the Supply Chain team on any package related supplier issues or re-sourcing activities.
• Determine, coordinate and execute physical package testing to ensure product and package integrity.
• Write and perform test protocols for evaluations and validation.
• Interface with the Global PSE Packaging Group and other Advanced Operations team members both locally and globally, Quality Assurance / Regulatory and Operations Teams to ensure equivalency of approach in Equipment, Processes and Validation techniques.
• Maintain an overview of state-of-the-art technologies within medical device packaging through understanding of technology, clinical practice, regulatory environment and competitive and intellectual property landscape assessment.
• All other duties as assigned.
Responsible for the design, modeling, development and testing of a machine, structure or system. Develops functional requirements. Understands and applies standard engineering principles. Creates simulations and prototypes to evaluate preliminary designs and test how a machine, structure or system operates. Designs and tests components and integrates components to produce final product. Monitors quality of products and controls the efficiency of processes. Evaluates a design's overall effectiveness, cost, reliability, and safety. Investigates root causes of failures to maintain quality and recommend improvements.
Hours: 8am – 5pm
Kelly® puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly® as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly® to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Let us help advance your career today.
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Packaging And Labeling
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)