To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ellettsville, IN 47429
- Maryanne Dorsey
- Phone: 812-935-2333
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Network Operations Specialist
Smithville Communications • Ellettsville, IN
Posted 1 month ago
Smithville, an established and trusted local provider of Internet, Voice, Security and Enterprise data services is seeking a flexible, energetic, experienced Network Operations Specialist to join our team. At Smithville we pride ourselves on our ability to provide our customers with excellent customer service and prompt solutions to their needs. This position will be a full-time, hourly position reporting to the Technical Operations and Support Manager. WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Under general supervision, the Network Operations Specialist contributes to the Network Operations team by monitoring our network and critical services, both responding to alarms and resolving issues, and proactively by watching trends and incoming trouble tickets. You will also process daily requests, including service orders and provisioning to provide Smithville customers with excellent technical services. The position also actively seeks ways to improve our job knowledge and processes between customer-facing departments, including Tech Support, Network Engineering, Telecom, Dispatch, I&R, Scheduling, and Customer Service.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Complete variety of daily requests (40%)
- Monitor and identify events, proactively resolve issues, and report all service impacting issues within 5 minutes of detection
- Configure various client services, including data and VoIP
- Assist during maintenance windows events, and completion of MOPs
- Serve as first escalation point for trouble tickets
- Assist field technicians with tasks related to service installations and trouble
- Liaison between Network Engineering group and client staff – both technical and non-technical personnel
Maintains records and documentation (30%)
- Update plant and other inventory data
- Conduct audits of installed services and troubleshooting processes
- Provides reports when necessary regarding network performance
- Responsible for the creation and filing of After-Action Reports
Completes projects and other special assignments (25%)
- Processes service orders and completes provisioning as necessary
- Creates a better customer experience with our technology, including testing new hardware and / or equipment settings
Other Duties as assigned (5%)
WHAT YOU NEED
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college coursework in a technical area preferred
- 1-2 years in a telecommunications industry position strongly preferred
- Valid vehicle operating license/driver’s license
- CompTIA certifications such as A+ and Net+ are preferred
- Knowledge and use of Solar Winds, Cacti, or similar monitoring tools
- Knowledge in VoIP technologies (Metaswitch a plus)
- Working knowledge of the following: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
- Experience configuring a variety of Cisco router and switches
- Experience with network equipment installation and cabling procedures
- Scripting skills desired
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required; Demonstrated skill in explaining technical information to non-technical people
- Basic Unix/Linux skills are preferred
- Good time and project management skills; Ability to work to deadlines
- Methodical and analytical approach; Strong attention to detail
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work is typically completed indoors in a climate-controlled office environment; however, some work may be completed remotely in small buildings and other facilities.
- Typically works 40 hours per week; yet may be required to work evenings and/or Saturdays as scheduled; overtime as necessary
Frequent manual dexterity, fingering, sitting, bending, close vision, talking, and hearing. Must be able to lift at
least 40 pounds.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL CHARACTERISTICS
Accountability: Demonstrates integrity, accountability, and efficient stewardship of Smithville resources in a manner consistent with Smithville’s Value Statements.
Adaptability: Changes behavioral style or method of approach when necessary to achieve a goal; adjusts style as appropriate to the needs of the situation. Responds to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives
Communication and Collaboration: Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly up and down, inside and outside of the organization; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions. Develops cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties.
Initiative: Does more than is required or expected in the job; does things that no one has requested that will improve or enhance products and services, avoid problems, or develop entrepreneurial opportunities. Plans ahead for upcoming problems or opportunities and takes appropriate action.
Job Proficiency: Applies and improves extensive or in-depth specialized knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to accomplish one’s job effectively. Understands technical aspects of one’s job and continuously builds knowledge, keeping up-to-date on the technical or procedural aspects of the job.
WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED
We offer a competitive wage as well as a comprehensive, extremely generous benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, discounted company products/services, a defined benefit retirement
program, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit.
Review of employment applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Smithville is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.