Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Program Coordinator for Enterprise Initiatives, Office of the Chief Operating Officer - Georgetown University
The Program Coordinator for Enterprise Initiatives assists in managing complex projects primarily focused on the Capitol Campus, near the current Law Center campus in downtown Washington, DC - a project expansive in scope and scale, including all parts of the University, partnering with external entities, and impacting the University over the next half century. Working closely with the Associate Vice President and Chief of Staff in the Office of the Chief Operating Officer, as well as senior leaders and colleagues around the University.
The Program Coordinator provides essential, significant planning and coordination with many stakeholders across the University; and supports the overall vision for this work, bringing organization and alignment to individual projects and working groups and keeping a cohesive and holistic vision in front of mind. Reporting to the Vice President of Enterprise Initiatives, they have responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
* Develop timelines and work plans that define dependencies, create simplicity for others, and determine work load management and scheduling - including understanding project components, interdependencies, and processes as they relate to both the work and the University's calendar and resources.
* Assist in setting out project roadmaps, creating associated documents and helping to coordinate projects from initiation to completion - to include, scheduling and arranging meetings with constituents across the University; ensuring agendas are set and distributed to meeting participants; tracking all meeting notes and action items; and developing strategies to anticipate, prevent, manage, analyze and resolve challenges, identified or unknown.
* Conduct research and analysis, including comparison and synthesis of materials; develop presentations and other documents for the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chief Operating Officer, the Office of the President and other University Executives.
* Take rough documents and concepts and craft finished projects
The Program Coordinator for Enterprise Initiatives supports effective communication and collaboration with and among stakeholders, including but not limited to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), Vice President for Enterprise Initiatives, Associate Vice President and Chief of Staff, Office of the Chief Operating Officer, staff within the Office of the Chief Operating Officer and other senior University leadership, senior leadership within Georgetown's three academic campuses (Main, Medical, and Law), and colleagues from various operational units reporting to the COO (Planning and Facilities Management, University Information Services, Auxiliary Services, etc.)
* Bachelor's degree
* 6 to 8 years of experience (or equivalent relevant work experience)
* Ability to translate content into multiple forms and formats, while ensuring coherence and continuity throughout all documents
* Exceptional facility with all Microsoft products (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) as well as Google applications and software like Smart Sheets and Lucid Chart
Work Mode: Hybrid 2 Days. Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position's mode of work designation. Complete details about Georgetown University's mode of work designations for staff and AAP positions can be found on the Department of Human Resources Mode of Work Designation.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at
or [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Program Coordinator for Enterprise Initiatives, Office of the Chief Operating Officer - Georgetown U
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call
. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Program Coordinator for Enterprise Initiatives, Office of the Chief Operating Officer - Georgetown U
or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
- Agenda Development
- Google Applications
- Human Resources
- Language Translation
- Load Management
- Microsoft Excel