$45000.00 to $55000.00 yearly
Candidates looking for full-time work will be interested in this role through Tyler Houk with Robert Half Finance's Staff Accountant opportunity with an innovative company. This could be the ideal position for you, if you are driven by a challenging work environment with many components. The Staff Accountant will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. The ideal candidate for this position can perform internal reporting during the monthly close, participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes. This is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity in the Fresno, California area, at a company where effort is rewarded. You might be our ideal candidate, if you are a detail-oriented and analytical thinker with a talent for creating Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for management reporting
- Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
- Regularly maintain and reconcile journal entries
- Take part in various department-wide initiatives
- Organize and review various financial data, then report it in a manner that is useful and understandable
- Manage schedules for capital lease and monthly payments
- Produce journal entries and perform the month end close under minimal supervision
- In-depth experience with reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
- Manage depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
- Maintain, implement, and adhere to internal controls. Also ensure that accounting procedures comply with GAAP
- Manage intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
- Compose thorough journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Be detailed, flexible, and organized
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
- Accounts Payable (AP) experience desired
- Expertise in Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Proficiency in journal entries
- General familiarity with bank reconciliations
- Month end closings experience
- Adeptness in Asset Inventory
- Demonstrated knowledge of Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation
- Experience with financial statement preparation
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Sharp, analytical thinking abilities, always seeking to draw connections and identify the "why"
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
For more information contact Tyler Houk on LinkedIn, via phone at
or apply directly, any inquiries are strictly confidential!
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.