When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from 1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
Job Summary (Purpose):
The account manager prospects, qualifies, and closes new customers by selling propane solutions within a specific geographic assignment. Retains business from secured commercial accounts. Meets and exceeds sales goals defined by Total Sales Profit. Assists local operations management in coaching our field personnel on how to grow our business.
• Ability to establish and develop both internal and external relationships, present sales proposals and build client accounts.
• Entrepreneurial mindset to maximize business growth from assigned territory.
• Understands AmeriGas business and is an expert on products, business segments and selling process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Increase revenue from new and existing customers.
- Establishes strong relationships with prospective customers through the use of various prospecting and business development techniques.
- Develop and execute a sales plan for their specific geographic area in order to maintain a high level of effective sales call activity and increase productivity.
- Networks with decision-makers in targeted client organizations to lead them to the AmeriGas solution.
- Makes the appropriate time commitment to build the internal and external client relationships both during normal work hours and special events.
- Protects AmeriGas from competitive threats, maintaining and sharing excellent competitive intelligence.
- Prepares and presents sales proposals to current and prospective customers.
An “expert” on products and solutions and is current on regulatory changes.
- Works with area sales manager and vendors to improve ability to use sales tools and sales techniques.
- Maintains working knowledge of applications and customer solutions.
- Attends periodic meetings and training classes as required.
- Prepares complete and accurate paperwork based on corporate policy and procedures
- Reviews commission statements and ensures commission is paid accurately
- Is proficient in the regular use of the CRM tool for new account acquisition.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have all sales skills necessary to independently prospect assigned geographic territory, probe to discover needs, present solutions, and secure new business.
• Must be able to maintain a high level of productivity through careful time management across assigned territory.
• Must have complete understanding of propane products and services.
• Valid Driver’s license with the ability to travel within the local area, including customer visits, district visits, and trade shows
Education and Experience Required:
• High school education or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
• 3 years sales experience required with a demonstrated record of sales success and goal attainment
• Commercial / industrial sales experience preferred
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.
The Territory Sales Representative position pays a base pay plus commission.