Estimator position with mid-sized, high end general contractor based in Laurel, MD. This position will report directly to the Chief Estimator, and will be part of a 5 person team and offers an excellent opportunity for growth and to eventually move into a Lead Estimator position.
This 80-person firm is a design-build general contractor that specializes in both ground-up and renovation projects across a wide range of industries, including restaurants, retail, healthcare, and government. This company focuses on high-quality construction with constant attention to safety and sustainability. Much of the current work is repeat business with loyal clients who the firm has done an excellent job for in the past. If you are looking for a high-quality contractor with excellent benefits and a top-notch work environment, this is for you. Office is based in Laurel, MD.
- Makes budgetary, estimated, and final cost per project.
- Responsible for Bid Preparation
- Estimates cost for total job.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, and related documents.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Communicate inconsistencies in the bid documents to subs, owners and architects
- Search / look for possible new projects for the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Finance, or related field
- 3+ years construction estimating experience required
- Knowledge of computers, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel packages.
- Familiarity with estimation software.
- Good analytical, time management and communication skills.
Company offers highly competitive compensation package and the chance to work for a well-known, very established company in the Frederick area. Interested? Submit your resume now and it will be reviewed within 48 hours.