Accountant - Highly visible role, opportunity for growthAbout the Company and Opportunity:
• Our client is a manufacturing company headquartered in the northern suburbs looking to add an Accountant to the team
• The Accountant will report to the Controller
• This is a financially stable company and has been around for 16 years
• They offer excellent benefits, including 401K match, healthcare and work/life balanceOverview of the Accountant role:
• This Accountant will report directly to the Controller
• Responsible for AP/AR
• Customer Service
• Perform wire transfer
• Gathering, reviewing & comparing freight rates for shipments.
• Reviews documents and data for the purpose of ensuring completeness and accuracy
• Performs general and customer specific accounting / bookkeeping functions including billing, invoicing, inventory management, scheduling and purchasing of products.
• Assist Salesmen by creating vendor inquiries, customer quotes, and maintain account profitability.
• Planning / Forecasting based on the customer's requirements
• Assisting with organizing the annual trade show we attendPreferred Qualifications for the Accountant:
• 2+ years' experience.
• Experience working with a small company
• Intermediate with Excel
• Great communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Logistics experience a plus
• Experience with NetSuite or QuickBooks a plus