At ADT Commercial, we are in the business of helping people and organizations to protect what matters most to them. Building upon ADT’s 145-year legacy, we secure the livelihoods and futures of critical commercial environments, retail location, educational campuses, healthcare facilities and financial institutions across the U.S. as an industry-leading security, fire and life safety systems integrator. We strive to have the most experienced and technically trained and talented teams in the industry, driven by excellence at every turn. At ADT Commercial, we truly believe that our people are the difference – for our organization, the customers we serve and the communities we protect. When you’re a part of ADT Commercial, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of that difference every day. With more than 300 locations, a deep national presence, and comprehensive portfolio of solutions and services, our employees are always poised for career advancement and growth. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to VP Government Sales or follow us on [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to VP Government Sales and [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to VP Government Sales.
This position is the leader of Federal Government sales across ADT Commercial, a new vertical sales channel. Responsible for leading the design, development and execution of strategy including the oversight and coordination of all Federal Government sales and business development efforts in support of the company's financial goals. Plans and develops key strategies that will enable ADT to secure / grow new business as well as maintain existing revenue. Provides direction and support to the sales management team, support, and sales force. Reporting to the SVP Sales, National Accounts for ADT Commercial, this role is highly strategic and highly visible throughout the company.
- Responsible for planning, managing and implementing the activities of Federal Government sales to include assessment of market potential and creation of strategy and tactics for Government customer market segment sales and operations.
- Set detailed annual strategic business plans including annualized forecasts for growth, market share, introduction of new products/services and personnel levels to meet growth objectives for the business and maintain existing revenue. Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly. Leads team to prepare sales forecast, budgets, quotas, and other projects are required.
- Provide leadership and direction to the government sales organization, people and resources, including regional or area sales managers, sales support and/or other sales professionals.
- Assess the “current state” of the sales and business development functions across the landscape of people, process and systems and identify gaps and opportunities in all areas. Drive the development of government sales strategies that will produce consistent and predictable results while exceeding revenue targets and projections.
- Use market intelligence and customer feedback to drive sales strategy and deliver compelling sales programs and campaigns. Utilizing expertise, consultative selling skills, strong relationships, structured marketing and sales plans and internal ADT Commercial resources, further develop existing and establish new business relationships with senior level executives at target agencies
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding pricing, distribution, and other policies and procedures that would improve the achievement of sales objectives.
- Provide senior leadership and the sales team with information relating to regulations, business issues and industry information for utilization in development of market specific action plans and sales strategy. Works with corporate marketing to develop support materials and programs for designated Federal Government markets. As agency or market subject matter expert (SME) maintains technical competence in company’s products, applications, services, and where applicable, certifications. Sustains current knowledge of regulatory changes, laws and financing options specific to market focus.
- Identify and capture new markets and sales channels. Create innovative approaches to create new business opportunities. Establish and maintain executive relationships with key customers and prospects.
- Develop and maintain marketing and account penetration plans to identify and monitor opportunities. Plans Include but are not limited to competition within the target; funding sources; issues/pain points within the segment; current solutions; overall security budget, opportunity size and potential for a specific agency or market segment. Plans will also include: ADT Commercial capabilities; recommendations for strategic alliances with consultants, contractors, suppliers, ADT Commercial National Accounts, Corporate, and field organization to identify opportunities and maximize business potential.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and offerings of the competition. Analyze sales records and trends in relation to objectives and competitive activities. Analyze the competition’s sales strategy; execute a competitive counter strategy.
- Take lead role in the preparation and delivery of customer presentations, public service activities and communications. Assists management in developing cross functional business strategies. Supports management in forecasting, negotiating and financial planing in designated markets.
- Create implement and maintain strategic campaigns for designated agency or market sales pipeline with detailed information as to appropriations, existing and new programs/contract vehicles and partnerships, number of potential and qualified prospects/opportunities to meet defined, time bound growth objectives for designated agency or market. Identify key target executives within target agency or business segment by position and by name with the goal of a specified number of face-to-face meetings with various levels of the target organization to include key decision makers by specific dates.
- Represent ADT Commercial and maintains active participation in industry associations, professional organizations and affiliations. Participate in key market associations, trade shows and events.
- Other duties as required.
- Leads a team by providing clarity of vision and expectations; role modeling effective coaching and performance feedback, prioritizing resources; facilitating alignment of the team and partners.
- Coaches National Account Managers in one or more locations to achieve sales volume, margin growth, on company/one team philosophy, outstanding customer value, and increased networking and resource sharing with all company business units and teaming alliance partners. Works with field organization to share information regarding project funding status, decision tree/decision makers, contacts, products,and technical skill requirements.
- Develops and executes a strong talent management plan including talent assessment, selection, empowerment, coaching, motivation and retention of top talent; builds and develops succession plans and pipeline of talent
- Promotes inclusion amongst the team by role modeling and supporting business diversity objectives
- Cultivate employee engagement and positive employee relations environment through robust and regular employee communications, performance feedback, reward and recognition culture, and focused employee development.
- Collaborate directly with Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, Finance and other partners to execute on the overall strategic business plan