Home Instead Senior Care® Service Coordinator Job Description
Kay Care, LLC, d/b/a Home Instead Senior Care, Port Clinton, Ohio
Objective: We are seeking a high energy addition to our team who enjoys an ever-changing and fast-paced work environment! The Service Coordinator performs a variety of duties to exceed customer expectations and effectively manage the care needs of our clients including matching and scheduling Clients with CAREGivers to ensure the highest quality of service with an emphasis on creating extraordinary relationships.
Service Coordinator Characteristics:
- Must be an excellent problem solver with a great personality who listens effectively and fits into a mission-oriented culture.
- Must be VERY organized and be Proactive vs. Reactive in approaching their work.
- Must be coachable, adaptable, low stress and comfortable with change.
- Must have the ability to work independently and seek out solutions and knowledge using corporately provided resources.
- Must be firm, fair and consistent and compassionate.
- Must have the ability to establish good working relationships with office colleagues, clients, and CAREGivers.
- Must be patient and congenial with a great phone presence.
- Must have good computer skills and be a self-learner.
- Must have the availability to work occasional evenings and weekends when required.
- Must present a professional appearance and demeanor in the office.
- Knowledge of the senior care industry or social services is a plus.
- Create and maintain client and CAREGiver schedules with an emphasis on creating high-quality matches and the development of extraordinary relationships.
- Continuously monitor the schedule for efficiency and modify to ensure a quality experience for both clients and CAREGivers.
- Recognize and capture opportunities to increase service hours to enhance quality care.
- Monitor, mediate and log all client and CAREGiver activity utilizing the software system.
- Seek out best practices for ultimate scheduling efficiency.
- Communicate schedule or schedule changes with Clients, CAREGivers, and internal staff and follow up on issues to prevent and resolve problems.
- Enter and maintain accurate client and CAREGiver records in our software system.
- Design, test and implement a responsive contingency plan that ensures 100% maintenance of Service Hours.
- Answer incoming calls in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Maintain regular attendance at the office to execute job responsibilities
• Demonstrate open and effective communication with the franchise owner, colleagues, CAREGivers, clients, and family members.
- Reflect the values of Kay Care, LLC, d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise).
- Participate as needed in all CAREGiver meetings
- Share in paid after-hours on-call responsibilities
- High school graduation or the equivalent at the minimum.
- One year of related business experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Strong computer skills or ability to quickly learn data entry/scheduling platform.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Strong analytical skills.
This job is perfect for someone who loves the challenge of puzzles! Coordinating the scheduling needs of clients with the perfectly matched CAREGiver can be just as challenging. Perfect for a puzzler!
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.
Complex Problem Solving