Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Lighting (HLI) is committed to elevating the lighting experience. Empowered by lighting solutions that integrate seamlessly into their environment, save energy, provide improved quality of light, deliver return on investment and armed with Hubbell’s unflinching support, its customers are able to think differently about how, where, and when they can use light. As one of the largest lighting fixture manufacturers in North America, it features a suite of brands that provide a full range of indoor and outdoor lighting products serving the commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential markets.
1812 Centre Creek Dr. Suite 240
Design, develop and support embedded systems for the lighting control industry
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design embedded systems using microcontrollers, sensors and analog/digital interface circuits
- Participate in New Product Development (NPD) teams to deliver new products per established parameters, including performance, budget, and schedule
- Develop hardware/software requirements based on product specifications
- Develop and execute verification test plans as required
- Establish and meet schedules for multiple potentially-concurrent projects
- Support new products through release to manufacturing
- Support existing products as necessary
- Support Technical Services, Customer Services, Marketing as necessary
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of embedded firmware programming experience
- Practical, hands-on knowledge of C programming for embedded systems including use of a variety of IDEs for development and debug
- Strong understanding of real-time systems, managing interrupts, threads, scheduling, semaphores, and state machines with and without an RTOS
- In-depth experience with embedded microprocessor-based design including interfacing to analog and digital devices
- Hands on knowledge of various standard wired and wireless network communication protocols and topologies, including Ethernet, I2C, RS232, RS485/422, SPI, BLE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, equivalent Engineering degree or commensurate experience
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Use Programming Language