Grady Health System offers many career paths. Whether you have many years of experience or are in the early stages on your career, you can find a rewarding position at Grady!
Pharmacy Technician must be competent in assisting a licensed pharmacist in the preparation of prescriptions for Pediatric, Adult, and Geriatric patients. Enters prescription information into the computer system (in a conditional status for pharmacist verification) and performs cashiering functions when needed.
Performs restocking of automated dispensing systems and documents all information required for Quality Control purposes, as assigned. Returns to stock and documents all medications not dispensed. Orders, maintains & organizes appropriate inventory to support dispensing activities. Assists in orientation of newly hired technicians, as assigned. Assists pharmacists, as needed, to assure productivity and operational efficiencies. Provides patients with outstanding customer service and assistance.
* High School Diploma or GED Certification
* Two years of hospital or retail pharmacy technician experience preferred
* Completed an ASHP accredited pharmacy technician-training program preferred
* Pharmacy Technician PTCB Certification preferred
* Organization and accurate record keeping skills
* Basic computer data entry skills preferred and typing approximately 30 wpm
* Must be a Registered Technician with the State of Georgia
* THIS POSITION IS MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY
Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Quality Management