Local Unit & Position Description
DNV is one of the world's leading certification bodies. We help businesses assure the performance of their organizations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment, and training services. Partnering with our customers, we build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust across all types of industries.
Do you want to work for a company that is driving the future of Auditing? A company that challenges the status quo and one which dares to be different.
We're looking for passionate Food & Beverage professionals. Individuals who pride themselves on delivering customer service excellence, the highest levels of quality and expertise, and people who want to be part of a forward-thinking, dynamic global organization.
In this position, you will have an opportunity to work and manage relationships with some of the world's leading F&B brands. Utilizing your extensive technical skills, you will be responsible for leading and supporting third party audits across Food Safety Schemes such as –SQF, FSSC 22000, and BRCGS.
This position may be performed out of any of our DNV offices located in AZ, OH, PA, TX, IL, MI, SC, NC and Washington D.C.This role is a Hybrid Position that rotates between a Lead Auditor position (9 months) and a Technical Lead (minimum 3 months) out of each year What You'll Do
- Performs 3rd party certification audits for US and Canada F&B customers to SQF, FSSC, or BRCGS standards
- Performs 2nd party quality and/or Food safety audits/assessments on behalf of customers and their suppliers
- Maintain schedule of audit activity with customers
- Provide timely and accurate reviews of customer corrective action and closure
- Maintain appropriate audit credentials and pursues advancement of those credentials and other related credentials as needed
- Performs technical reviews for SQF audit reports and recommends certification decision, communicates with customers, internal staff and auditors regarding SQF technical and other SQF scheme related activities
- Provides communication of changes and clarification for other Food & Beverage standards offered by DNV to stakeholders
- Works closely with the Personnel Competency Coordinator to advance auditor qualifications
- Works closely with the Food & Beverage Sector Manager on Operations related activities
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management
What is Required
- Bachelor's Degree in a food related or bioscience discipline
- 5+ years in Food & Beverage manufacturing or Quality Assurance (QA).Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) Course (Min 20 Hr HACCP alliance recognized)
- 2+ years qualified SQF Lead Auditor
- 1+ year BRCGS or 1+ years FSSC 22000 Lead Auditor
- FSSC/SQF/BRCGS Lead Auditor recognized Course (one or more required).
- Have completed required number of observations, team auditor and acting lead auditor audits to be qualified as a lead auditor (audit log copy required).
- Ability to read/interpret audit protocols and work instructions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to audiences of varying size, seniority and technical competency
- Able to lift and carry up to 10 lbs in addition to transporting one's own luggage for multiple-day travel and push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel with that which is lifted, carried, or transported.
- Able to walk and stand for up to 4 hours at a time and maneuver throughout multiple levels of client sites either by stairs or elevator (if available)
- Ability to travel extensively and when needed, this can include weekends
- Must possess a valid driver's license and can rent and drive a car and travel on public conveyances when required.
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
What We Offer
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Company Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick, and Disability)
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefit Plans to choose from
- Spending Accounts – FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, Company-Seeded HSA
- 401(K) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Education reimbursement program
- Employer-Paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
**Benefits may vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department ([ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Food and Beverage Lead Auditor and SQF Technical Lead). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
For more information
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Food and Beverage Lead Auditor and SQF Technical Lead at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are one of the world's leading certification, assurance and risk management providers. Whether certifying a company's management system or products, providing training, or assessing supply chains, and digital assets, we enable customers and stakeholders to make critical decisions with confidence. We are committed to support our customers to transition and realize their long-term strategic goals sustainably, and collectively contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Food Safety
- Quality Management