How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Medical Assistant functions under the direction of the Physician, Clinical Lead, Clinical Nurse Supervisor, Nurse Supervisor and/or Office Manager. Recognizes patient's needs and symptoms in advance. Provides care for the patient under the physician's direction. Includes preparing patient for exams, assisting during treatments, coordinating tests and follow-up care and recording treatment in the medical record. Assists with explaining patient instructions to the patient/family. Demonstrates competency and skills to serve patients of all ages including neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric populations. Performs other duties as necessary.
Required Minimum Education
- High School diploma and/or equivalent required. Graduate from an accredited medical assistant program preferred.
- Graduate from a newly formed medical assistant program in which the program has the intent to seek CAAHEP or ABHES accreditation preferred.
Required Minimum Certification
- Must have successfully passed a Medical Assistant credentialing body examination (AAMA, AMT, NHA, or NCCT) with current and maintained Medical Assistant Credential.
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association, prior to hire date.
Required Minimum Experience
- Work experience in a practice setting preferred. Specific experience in practice specialty may be required.
- Must be organized and attentive to detail.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently to assure patient comfort and satisfaction.
- Able to communicate and understand verbal and written English language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills.
- The employee should also be able to adhere to the WellStar Credo and Code of Conduct.
- Nha Certified
- Clinical Works
- Medical Assistance
- Office Management