Manages human resources (HR) for assigned location(s). Implements and acts to
ensure compliance with company and Region HR policies. Carries out hiring, recruitment and benefits processes. Performs initial investigations on HR matters.
Primary job function is the management of general human resources matters. This job description applies only to salaried positions performing essential functions of the nature described, with the authority to make independent choices, free from immediate supervision, in significant matters that affect the business, or to carry out tasks that are directly and closely related to such work, no less than 50% of the time. If a position performs such work less than 50% of the time, it should be classified as: Human Resources Specialist.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
1. Recruits candidates for positions in assigned locations; selects staff and provides orientation for new staff members; utilizes broad range of recruitment sources to meet staffing and EEO/Affirmative Action requirements.
2. Advises management in regard to employee retention efforts.
3. Acts to ensure compliance with FLSA and other applicable statutes and regulations related to HR.
4. Monitors applicant logs and ensures appropriate selection criteria are established for each open position.
5. Keeps management and staff advised of new regulations and company policies related to human resources; monitors and reports on progress toward Affirmative Action goals and related issues.
6. Administers employee benefit plans on the local level based on eligibility as defined by company programs and client contracts.
7. Participates in payroll administration.
8. May participate in unemployment, wage/hour and EEOC hearings; may assist in preparation of data for OFCCP audits and Affirmative Action Plans.
9. Advises employees and management on the interpretation of human resources policies, programs, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations; assists management in performance management and regarding general human resources issues.
10. Analyzes and provides advice to supervisors and managers on methods and approaches to resolve employee work problems; as directed, conducts employee counseling and disciplinary procedures.
11. Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned office.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in an HR-related field, or Associate's Degree and two or more years of progressively responsible HR experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
Knowledge of laws and regulations related to HR, including EEO and FLSA.
Knowledge of recruiting practices, techniques and sources.
Thorough understanding of standard office procedures and practices.
Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
Use of personal computer and standard office productivity software, including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Skill in recruiting and interviewing.
Ability to conduct counseling in routine disciplinary matters.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret various internal and external documents and reports.
Ability to write reports and correspondence in a clear and concise manner.
Planning and organizing skills.
Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances.
Ability to be an effective team member and handle projects responsibly.
Courteous telephone manner.
Strong customer and results orientation.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform
effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public,
occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled
substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
Regular computer usage.
Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
May be required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
Regular talking and hearing.
Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Please apply using Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.
Fair Labor Standards Act