To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Taft, TX 78390
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Agricultural Sales Trainee, Taft TX
Wilbur-Ellis Company • Taft, TX
Posted 4 days ago
Do you have a degree in horticulture, agronomy, plant pathology, entomology or associated ag science? Do you have excellent interpersonal, and strong communication skills? Are you a motivated self-starter with a willingness to learn? Are you willing to working overtime during busy seasons? If so, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Sales Trainee is a development role that focuses on obtaining the skills required to become a pest control consultant with the ultimate goal of building a successful sales territory. Through interaction with the branch field sales and management, the Sales Trainee develops the necessary skills to become a successful Field Sales Representative.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios to practical applications
- Requires excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills (verbal and written) for interaction with customers and fellow employees including the ability to maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service
- Detail and accuracy oriented with an ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously to completion within established deadlines
- Proficient with computers utilizing Microsoft Windows and Office Suite applications
- Must be familiar with all laws and regulations governing pesticide application
- Must possess or obtain a commercial driver’s license with endorsements for Haz-Mat and Tank vehicles
- Must comprehend basic measurements and calculations for calibration (gallons per acre, and acres per tank)
- Must have working knowledge of all application equipment
- Clean DMV record
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Accurately locate application site
- Must possess or obtain the Qualified Applicator's Certification license and attend all required safety training meetings
- Must complete bi-annual medical exams
- Must participate in a DOT random selection for drug and alcohol testing
- Must participate in a 30 day blood testing for Cholinesterase Monitoring
- Must be able to work odd hours during peak season (6-7 days, 10-14 hours, depending upon crew assignment may be day or night)
- Ability to travel to other branches, meeting locations or customer farms
- Safe operation of company delivery truck
- Ability to be versatile, flexible, and willing. Can effectively multi-task.
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, agronomy, plant pathology, entomology or associated agricultural science is preferred
- Eligible for Pest Control Consultant licenses and completion with the first 3 months
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently
- Personable mannerisms with growers and fellow employees
- Strong time management skills with the ability to set priorities
- Maintain positive communication with supervisor and grower
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to remain detail-oriented with a wide range of responsibilities
- Valid driver’s license with Class A CDL or Class B CDL
- Valid applicators card
- Forklift Driver and Driving Certification (offered on the job)
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Become proficient in all aspects of the retail agriculture supply business and crop production.
- Assist field sales staff in all aspects of customer service
- Build product and market knowledge to add understanding and credibility
- Assist growers with agronomic decisions
- Conduct regular visits to customer’s crop to examine and diagnose plant health. Recommend pest and nutrition management programs that insure best quality and yield.
- Work towards developing into the Field Technology lead for the Branch
- Maintain accurate record keeping of pesticide recommendations
- Develop strong relationships with other Wilbur-Ellis Company employees based on teamwork and communication
- Present a professional image to customers in all interactions (verbal, computer generated and face-to-face) and in personal appearance
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance skill set and knowledge base
- Make use of standard office equipment; Computer software and programs, Fax machines, postage machines, copier machines, etc. to effectively perform all aspects of position responsibilities
- Strictly follow all company policies. Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals, correspondence and as directed in the employee handbook
- Proper application of fertilizer and plant protection products
- Process work orders against scheduled dates and time
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations at all times
- Lift containers weighing up to 80 lbs.
- Coordinate the use of equipment and make sure that it is returned in good working condition
- Perform a pre-trip inspection before leaving the yard
- Arrive at the correct job site without undue delay
- Properly complete necessary paperwork (application records, shipping papers, driver daily report, and all info on work orders)
- Properly handle and store all chemical containers
- Ensure that equipment is repaired or serviced in order to avoid delays in equipment availability
- Participate in blood testing and/or alcohol testing when scheduled
- Perform necessary maintenance and repair on equipment
- Assist as needed around the plant
- Maintain mileage and fuel logs on all vehicles
- Attend product training sessions and meetings when necessary
- Help maintain warehouse cleanliness
- Notify Supervisor or Location Manager immediately if product spills
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive employee benefits
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.