This position will work with the RRCT development team and facilitate the building and support of the applications and platforms that are leveraged across multiple applications within the team (CCAR, CECL, MRM, QAM, SAS Grid).
Works with the teams other SAS Administrator to monitor and manage the Bank's SAS environments. Facilitates moderately complex to complex technical projects from proposal through post implementation. Consults with internal application owners to identify their requirements for infrastructure to support their application. Completes various system testing activities not covered by clients completing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) or other teams.
- Assist as a secondary SAS administrator for the team's assigned applications (SAS Grid, MRM, RFW, QAM, and desktop SAS).
- Assist with the SAS application support and monitoring and also user setup and support across many business lines that utilize the bank's SAS environments.
- This position will be a critical piece to all aspects of our SAS environments which includes the implementation, configuration, upgrade, maintenance, coordination, problem resolution, testing, usage and performance monitoring and the design/development of SAS system infrastructure and how the SAS products work together and integrate to other systems within the Bank.
- This position also requires someone who is knowledgeable about the infrastructure requirements, planning and implementation both with SAS applications as well as outside of the SAS world.
- Consult with internal application owners in the analysis of short and long-range business requirements and initiatives that may result in changes to the supported environments and related architecture.
- Coordinate and provide estimates for moderately complex to complex projects and complete estimates for assigned components on large projects, inclusive of timelines, application and project phases.
- Serve as subject matter expert to internal application owners and project members to consult and advise on how applications and infrastructure may be impacted by enterprise-wide initiatives, such as an acquisition or major change in products/service.
- Work with pertinent vendors to gain thorough understanding of project functionality and needed infrastructure components and provide insight on implementation.
- Participate in and document the architecture and data mapping for integration of systems within the team to provide a holistic view across all applications supported.
- Ensure the Bank process and documentation is followed to comply with Corporate Technology standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure efficient and timely resolution of issues arising from testing or implementation to ensure expected performance.
- Ensure issues, incidences and questions are documented, reported and resolved as required.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The position requires an individual with knowledge of SAS administration but will work with our other SAS administrator to gain knowledge of our specific environments. Individuals also need to have a good understanding of hardware architecture/design as they will work closely with the underlying hardware of the supported systems and new projects. This position has direct interaction with internal business clients and technology teams on a regular basis for moderately complex to complex projects. This position works independently with minimal supervision.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Minimum of an Associate's degree and 8 years' systems analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 10 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 8 years' systems analysis/application development experience
5 + years of Linux administration
5 + years of SAS Administration
Linux shell scripting
Knowledge of Java J2EE/Web Services