With more than $20 billion in assets, this publicly traded bank is one of the country's top-performing banking companies and has ranked in the top 10 on the Forbes "Best Banks in America" list for four consecutive years, 2016-2019.
Headquartered in Phoenix, AZ, they are seeking a Senior Financial Controls Manager to join their team! This role will oversee the planning, execution and delivery of test work on financial internal controls in compliance with SOX and FDICIA requirements.
If you have a passion to grow your career with an organization that puts its people at the center of its values and mission, then we'd love to hear from you!
- Leads ICOFR process audits under the direction of the Chief Internal Auditor and SOX Steering Committee.
- Documents the ICOFR process throughout the Company by managing the comprehensive risk and control matrices/audit programs for assigned process areas.
- Coordinates test work of all key ICOFR controls with direct staff, other internal audit teams, co-source partners or external auditors.
- Reviews direct staff detailed test work on the ICOFR process including walkthroughs and tests of operating effectiveness.
- Maintains audit software (Workiva) to provide a well-documented and organized audit program and audit work papers.
- Develops, presents and assists in finalizing noted ICOFR deficiencies; identifying risk-based issues and mitigation strategies.
- BS in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Graduate degree a plus.
- Minimum six or more years in the auditing or related field.
- Two or more years in a managerial role; (Current BIG 4 Manager or owning the process for a company preferred).
- Prior experience focusing on testing ICOFR processes.
- Professional certification of Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accounting (CPA).
- Strong knowledge internal control analyses and risk assessment methodologies, COSO framework, Institute of Internal Auditor (IIA) standards, FRB Supervisory Letter 13-11 standards, generally accepted accounting principles, and/or Sarbanes-Oxley Section 302/402 requirements.
- Prior experience in the banking industry and experience in the auditing related area;
- Ability to travel regionally up to 30%.
Local candidates only. Please submit resumes in Word format.
International Financial Reporting Standards
Standard Accounting Practices
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles