A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Market HR Business Partner, US Healthcare role is based in our Healthcare Research and Development site in Billerica, MA. The position is supporting that site, our Miami office as well as US Field based employees for R&D. You are part of the North America Market HRBP team and report directly into the Head of Market HRBPs North America to support business leaders on a consultative and advisory basis on key employee lifecycle topics and to deploy, implement and communicate on HR Portfolio Solutions.
- Delivers operational people solutions and support for all employee lifecycle solutions in collaboration with Market Solutions Partners leveraging the existing solutions portfolio and frameworks.
- Delivers Market HR support on certain organizational solutions such as people analytics, organizational transformations & change, and M&A.
- Translates site and market requirements by partnering with Sector Business Partners & Market HR leadership to translate business requirements into operational plans reflecting local labor regulations and implementing the strategies locally. Ensure legal compliance on people and HR matters.
- Consults with line managers and advises on our HR Portfolio Solutions to help shape the desired talent and performance culture in the site and drives the necessary change
- Implement employee-centric people topics with a focus on key Market (country) topics
- Ensures that employee & manager experience is properly addressed and continuously improved through the adoption of technology and enhanced solutions designed in Innovation HR as well as through consulting and enablement offerings
- Be involved in project management work that influences business and HR strategy
- Act as main customer contact to the business leaders & managers in site with regards to HR Solutions to make their business successful
- Contributes to the business strategies by proactively addressing the people dimension on a local level in alignment with the company’s people and HR strategy
- Assures strategic alignment & successful collaboration with critical internal stakeholder groups in the organization
- Leverage our Organization's Business Services HR Colleagues for completion of transactional tasks
- Educate and promote manager self service capabilities
Who You Are
- Minimum 6 years of progressive experience in Human Resources in a corporate, multinational environment with direct experience partnering in an HR consultative capacity with various levels of leadership
- Strong level of knowledge of employee relations principles, practices, methods, and programs. Strong knowledge and understanding of federal and state employment and labor laws, regulations, procedures, and standards. Ability to utilize knowledge to make critical decisions while ensuring legally sound solutions that protect the company against risk.
- Excellent Word, Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Position may equire some regional travel
- Proven track record of working collaboratively and communicating successfully in a cross-functional and multi-cultural environment. Solution- and future-oriented thinking.
- Leverages data and technology to drive positive employee experience
- Change agent and demonstrates change management experience
- Persuades senior stakeholders through sound arguments and building emotional commitment to take ownership for people topics
- Demonstrated experience in critical thinking to understand the impact of decisions across the organization and how to drive broader solutions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively, both verbally and in writing. Ability to translate complex information into succinct and impactful communication. Ability to apply effective communication techniques, engage in focused dialogue, and demonstrate good listening skills. Ability to present to small and large groups at all levels of the organization and deal with unexpected questions and challenges while presenting.
- Ability to foster a cooperative environment built on trust and mutual respect.
- Team-orientation, collaboration and best practice sharing.
- Ability to present ideas and decisions in an unbiased balanced way based on fact, legal guidance, and risk assessment that gains understanding, alignment buy in and/or agreement.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in the Healthcare and Biopharma Industry
- Experience working at a large global and highly matrixed organization
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Market HR Business Partner, US Healthcare
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
- Critical Thinking
- Industrial Relations
- Human Resources