Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD’s Southeast Region is looking for a Fire Protection Engineer
to help to develop and lead full-service fire protection consulting projects for both our private and public sector clients including commercial, institutional and federal facilities. This position can be based in either our Chantilly, VA, Baltimore, MD or Richmond, VA
Specific responsibilities in this role will include:
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Design fire protection systems including: water based fire pumps, tanks, distribution/hydrants, sprinkler, water spray, standpipe and hose
- Collaborate with architects, engineers and other clients on building/fire code & standards consulting
- Identify various hazards, mitigation techniques and recommended solutions, materials, and equipment on Fire Protection/Life Safety consulting
- Active Involvement in the codes and standards development process within the Fire Protection industry
- Identify and support business development, client expansion and proposal development activities for our Fire Protection Engineering & Life Safety business
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Fire Protection Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Between 5-10 years of experience in the evaluation/design of fire protection systems or building and fire code consultation
- Experience in developing contract documents for a wide variety of fire alarm and suppression systems (including special suppression systems)
- Proven excellence at all stages of the project life-cycle, from preparing bids to feasibility studies, consenting, detailed design and data analysis, and client management
- Demonstrated professional judgment and commercial acumen, including identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving problems to brief and budget
- An interest in coaching and mentoring to technically strengthen the team capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities to work both within a team and independently
- Willing and able to travel to project sites and client meetings as needed
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.
Coaching And Mentoring