A Electrical Assembler, assembles and tests electrical components according to specifications.Embraces the Lean Enterprise strategy and adheres to all safety policies.
- Reads work orders, bills of materials, schematics and other written or verbal work instructions to determine best assembly method. Verifies quantities and gathers parts, tools and measuring devices needed for assembly. Assembles electronic components and wires industrial controls according to specifications.
- Bends conduit and wires machinery according to code and regulations.
- Performs bench and / or machine testing of panels and machinery from electrical documentation and completes test documentation.
- Tests equipment operation and software. Completes required test documentation including test reports.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner and keeps all employees aware of potential dangers in work area.
- Cleans and performs preventative maintenance on tools and equipment if required.
- Practices good housekeeping in work area and properly disposes of waste according to safety and environmental policies.
Knowledge and Skills:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Work experience preferred.
Use of basic hand and power tools.
The ability to read wiring diagrams and schematics. Working knowledge of bill of materials.
Wiring skills in working with a variety of voltages.
The ability to trouble-shoot.
Demonstrated ability to meet safety, production and quality requirements in assigned area.
Safety minded. Focused and task oriented with great attention to detail. Good oral and written communication skills.
At least 3- 5 years related experience using similar tools and measuring equipment.
Spends majority of time in a manufacturing environment which is not air conditioned.
While performing the duties of this job is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Regularly required to lift and move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
JBT Corporation offers the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage and 401(k) plan.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Electrical Assembler
You may also call Megan Centers at
if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.
Attention To Detail