A Facility Operations Manager is a role that combines both technical experience and day to day facility management into a single role. The Facility Operations Manager must possess a strong experience in technical, maintenance operations, energy management, health and safety, and ESCP compliance. Along with this technical experience, the candidate must possess a professional outlook suitable to be in front of the onsite Client on a daily basis.
The Facility Operations Manager works under the remote supervision of a Regional Facility Manager or Regional Executive. The Regional Facility Manager will be responsible for the Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with the Client. The Regional Facility Manager will receive input from the Facility Operations Manager to assist in building the QBR presentation for the Client.
A Facility Operations Manager oversees day-to-day facility services, including budget management, operational management, contract management, personnel management and client relationship management under the supervision of the Regional Facility Manager or Regional Executive.
Ensures client and occupant satisfaction through key performance indicators and is responsible for budget planning input to the JLL finance team, day to day cost management, managing the local site level client, and vendor relationships.
The Facility Operations Manager formulates and implements operating and long-term capital planning and budgeting, monthly financial review and reporting, and managing client’s approved budgets on an annual basis. They evaluate and implement site-specific opportunities for cost savings and risk mitigation and scope expansion opportunities with the Client.
They ensure that Client service response goals are met and preventive maintenance on system equipment is completed as scheduled. They oversee audits to ensure compliance with accounting, management and operations standards.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Directs the daily activities of the facilities department.
- Oversees maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- Oversees contractors for facilities renovation projects entailing HVAC, electrical, production floor arrangement.
- Implements operating and long-term capital planning and budgeting and monthly financial review and reporting.
- Oversees the operation, staffing, performance and development of the facility/property management service delivery staff.
- Ensure client satisfaction through key performance indicators.
- Responsible for providing budget planning and cost management.
- Responsible for client and vendor relationships.
- Single point accountability for all aspects of the facility under the supervision of the Regional Facility Manager.
- Responsible for managing the facility within the approved processes and procedures and in accordance with the requirements of all local, state and federal requirements.
- Responsible for line of business and third party relationships.
- Responsible for maintaining daily working staff levels pursuant to the goals of the operation and the needs of the facilities.
- Ensure the engineering staff is qualified and trained to perform the duties they are expected to carry out as Maintenance Engineers. Manage and supervise ongoing training programs, identifying and developing additional training processes where necessary to consistently improve overall team skill levels.
- Identify the maintenance objectives of the property and incorporate those objectives into a documented plan that includes preventive and repair maintenance procedures.
- Identify safety hazards within the properties and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building’s staff and Maintenance Engineers work in a safe environment.
- Ensure compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines as they relate to the operation of any of the building’s equipment and/or systems.
- Review capital improvement opportunities with the Regional Facility Manager and jointly present to the Client.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work efforts performed at the property are properly planned, executed and closed out in accordance with standard industry practices, established processes and applicable customer specifications.
- Maintain all required property documentation including drawings, work completion documents as well as documentation mandated for the purpose of maintaining regulatory compliance with Federal, State or Local law.
- Ensuring participation in the Company’s purchasing initiatives for parts and materials needed to perform all maintenance and repair tasks.
- Management of Maintenance Engineering Staff to include payroll, work delivery and tracking, ongoing training processes, etc.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Regional Facility Manager - ensuring the highest level of quality and cost effective engineering service delivery to our client.
- Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Completion of an applicable technical training program Universal CFC recovery certification, possess a minimum of ten (5) years of technical and supervisory experience in building operational engineering with a strong background in the technical aspects of packaged HVAC equipment repair, maintenance and overall system design and application
- Must have ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., use ladders up to 30 ft., possess mechanical and electrical aptitude, and have excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to manage people as a staff and as a Client.
- Ability to comply with both JLL and client-directed Policies & Procedures.
- Successful candidate must be a self-motivated individual who can work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of computer based energy management systems (EMS) computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) as well as Office systems such as Word and Excel.
- Must complete background, drug screen and MVR check
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our URL blocked - click to apply.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at URL blocked - click to apply. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our URL blocked - click to apply page > I want to work for JLL.
Use Hand Tool