Public Trust: Other Requisition Type: Regular
Opportunity for an experienced Senior Windows Engineer to join an IT Operations Project for a federal government system. The candidate will provide engineering support for large enterprise windows environment. Candidate will be responsible for engineering, deploying virtualized windows environment supporting web servers, database servers, domain controllers etc.,
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and deploy windows servers hosted in a virtualized environment.
- Support high available web applications hosted on windows servers
- Support and develop deployment packages in PowerShell
- Support SCCM/SCOM
- Support & Migrate windows workloads from on-premise to cloud
- Supporting Domain Services
- Support and develop high available windows clusters supporting SQL Servers databases and web applications
- Lead and guide the work of junior technical staff. Serve as liaison between PM and technical staff in all aspects of projects. Plan project stages and assess business implications for each stage.
- Fully engaged in the implementation of a DevOps system framework.
- Responsible for operational availability of all the systems hosted on the infrastructure
- Support planning and building windows infrastructure supporting COOP & DR plans
- Support information assurance process in a technical role by complying with technical controls, technical checklists etc.,
- Assist and mentor junior members on the team
Required Education and Experience
- 10 years of analysis related to design, development, and integration of hardware and software to support large scale Windows environments with virtualization
- 10 years’ experience testing large-scale Windows environments.
- Experience performing a variety of engineering and operational related assignments associated with SAN, NAS and Storage operations, backup operations, and virtualization software (VMware’s vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V on a set of enterprise-level IT systems.
- 10 years’ experience writing scripts with a scripting language, with knowledge of ANSIBLE
- Familiarity with DevOps and ITIL processes
- Experienced in AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud Services, and other Cloud environments
- Candidate must be an US citizen able to obtain DHS Public Trust clearance and USCIS EOD to start work.
This position is not yet funded.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Windows Power Shell
V Mware V Sphere
System Center Operations Management