Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world's largest organizations adapt to what's next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
Workday has formed a high-performance Revenue Operations organization to steer us toward our goal of growing from $4B to $10B in revenue! The RevOps Business Intelligence group is a key player in driving this growth, by providing self-service insights when and where users need them to support decision-making and drive business outcomes. Whether via dashboards, reports, or alerts and regardless of system, this group ensures all RevOps insights are accurate and consistent, easy-to-understand and actionable.
We have a fantastic team culture that blends fun with high performance and professional development. We are looking for someone who loves to have fun, is energized by collaborating with others to solve problems, is always open to feedback, has a very high attention to detail, and gets rave reviews all around when a project is completed.
About the Role
The Senior Analytics Data Specialist plays a vital role on the team by serving as a "Technical Data Product Owner" to lead data & analytics projects primarily triggered by M&A, fiscal year transition, Sales Management changes, source system changes, etc. This role demands a deep understanding of Sales and Marketing data, systems and business processes in a SaaS based company. This role requires collaboration, planning and execution working with cross-functional teams (such as, Enterprise Information Management Office, Revenue Operations Program Management Office, RevOps Business Intelligence, Sales & Marketing Ops, Data Operations and Data Engineering).
* Data Models: Serve as Technical Data Product Owner for analytics data (a.k.a business views) needed to support Fiscal Year transition, M&A, Sales Territory/Management changes. Groom, prioritize and submit user stories/requirements to Business Technology Data Engineering, QA and approve for production go-live.
* Data Analysis: Perform deep data analysis to ensure current vs. M&A data; current vs. to-be data due to Sales Territory changes, critical source system changes, etc.
* Data Ownership: Own and maintain non-systems data inputs needed for analytics, such as (Sales rep attainment, Sales/Marketing quota, target, etc.). Optimize and automate Data Preparation activities through Alteryx or SQL.
* Data Quality: Define framework & processes to handle various data-quality issues (organic data quality, M&A data quality, etc.)
* Enablement: Document various data-oriented processes that enable analytics. Conduct training to analysts within the team to ensure processes are followed.
* Troubleshoot: Be an expert in troubleshooting and resolving various data challenges reported by BI analysts and fellow team members.
* Tools & Systems: Analyze systems changes and tools updates (a.k.a upgrades) that impact Sales & Marketing data and dashboards. Manage testing and ensure changes are seamlessly absorbed without disruption.
* Published/Certified Data Sources (Tableau): Design, build, publish Tableau Data Sources to support dashboard requirements, ad-hoc analysis, performance while ensuring best practices
* Project/Program Management: Lead "Data" driven projects focusing Sales & Marketing analytics.
* Technical Thought Leader (for Principal): Be the Subject-Matter-Expert (SME) for several data focused projects. Design/Create standard templates to submit user-stories, create standard data validation processes across systems, coach/mentor junior analytics data specialists on the team
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field of study is preferred.
* 8+ years professional experience as a Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Engineer, Business Intelligence Analyst or related roles is required.
* Extensive experience in SQL, data modeling, and data preparation required. Experience with Alteryx or related ETL experience required.
* Experience working with (or part of) Sales Ops and/or Marketing Ops
* Experience in M&A data/reporting integration projects (preferred)
* Experience with Tableau, Salesforce, Marketo preferred.
* Experience with Agile methodology preferred.
* Excellent problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
* Great teamwork and interpersonal skills.
* Experience in leading 1+ contingent worker (contractor)
* Takes initiative and tackles challenges with enthusiasm.
As a federal contractor, Workday is requiring all new hires to verify that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 within 72 hours of beginning employment with Workday, consistent with applicable law. Workday is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are not vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally-protected reason should contact [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Senior Analytics Data Specialist
to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations or exemptions Workday is able to offer.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!
- Agile Methodology
- Attention To Detail
- Business Intelligence
- Business Processes