As a Field Technician, you will perform routine data and telecommunication break\fix or MAC service requests. Perform PBX or key system upgrades and installations, as well as application upgrades and installations. Install or troubleshoot cabling infrastructure and network devices. Troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining existing systems to ensure proper operation and customer satisfaction. He\She should be knowledgeable and understanding of telecommunications standards, as well as able to understand customer needs in order to provide recommendations. The Technician will consistently provide clear and concise communication via email and phone to co-workers and\or customers. The chosen candidate will provide exceptional communication skills, a strong attention to detail and high sense of urgency.
• Provide remote and on-site technical support to customers.
• Provide detailed resolution information to the central dispatch office as work orders are completed.
• Provide technical support and troubleshooting to customers and other field technicians on an as needed basis.
• Analyze system logs and identify potential issues.
• Work with Sales, Engineering and Project Management teams to plan and execute system implementations and upgrades.
• Travel to off-site locations to complete installations which may include cabling, configuring PBX or key systems, and software applications.
• Provide documentation regarding installations and as-built schematics.
• Lead teams of technicians and work within teams to accomplish projects.
Email resume to URL blocked - click to apply
right away for consideration, or email URL blocked - click to apply
directly to discuss this opening.
**Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, computer, and data entry experience is required.
**Technical certifications or experience working with PBX and key systems required.
**Working knowledge of various Windows desktop O/S and Windows Server systems is required.
**Working knowledge of T1, ISDN, and PRI configurations and setup is required.
**Basic networking skills which includes an understanding of IP addressing and LAN/WAN components is required.
**Knowledge of wireless, VOIP, Unified Communication, and SIP Trunks is preferred.
**In addition to current NEC certifications, certifications such as A+, MCP, CCNA, VMWare or other professional achievements are preferred.
**Capable of interfacing with the customer and providing exceptional service
**Ability to climb ladders, crawl, kneel, reach overhead as required
**Ability to differentiate between colors for termination requirements
**Ability to read, write, and communicate both orally and written to external and internal customers and employees.
**College or Vocational Trade degree preferred, High school diploma required
**Must be a team player with a positive attitude, able to demonstrate excellent customer service, have strong verbal communication skills, a keen attention to detail and great organizational habit.
**This position requires the successful candidate to be able to multi-task, work within externally developed deadlines, and respond promptly and efficiently to change.
**Follow all processes and procedures as defined by management
**Strive to be an active and valuable team member striving to achieve QPCCS (quality, productivity, collaboration, cost and safety)
**Ability to travel up to 75%
**Model appropriate behavior in regard to the organization's Core Values