To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Union, NJ 07083
- Bill Schechter
- Phone: 424-271-0761
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources HR Manager
System One • Union, NJ
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client, a major manufacturer / distributor of industrial products, is seeking an experienced Regional HR Manager in their Newark, NJ location. The Regional Human Resources Manager will direct and coordinate talent acquisition and management efforts, training, employment relations, labor relations, compensation, affirmative action, HRIS and benefits for multi-site heavy industrial facilities. It is expected that this position will travel about 50% of the time to facilities on the Gulf Coast and Southeastern / South Central USA. We are seeking a highly motivated individual that can work independently/interdependently. Current HR knowledge required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Regional HR Manager will:
- Execute and implement the administration of company-wide human resources policies and practices in accordance with stated company objectives and Federal, State legal requirements.
- Manage recruitment, retention strategies and succession planning process for assigned locations.
- Manage the development, coordination and deliverance of training programs, personal and career development, performance appraisal process, compensation systems, diversity & inclusion programs and benefit programs for assigned facilities.
- Review and analyze wage and salary reports and data to establish competitive compensation plans for assigned facilities.
- Advise and assist senior management on human resources management issues.
- Manage controversial and sensitive employment issues.
- Manage employee relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, interpretation of policies, new employee orientation, and employee recognition programs for assigned locations.
- Establish and maintain department records and reports. Participate in administrative meetings as required.
- Travel to all plants to perform duties as assigned. Up to 50% travel will be necessary.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree is required
- Minimum of 6 -8 years of related experience as a Human Resource Manager in a manufacturing / industrial plant is required. Multi-plant / Multi-State experience is required.
- Thorough understanding of all human resources principles and practices, including employment law, Affirmative Action and EEO compliance, benefits and compliance and recruitment/retention.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and develop critical working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency motivating employees
- Good judgment with ability to make timely and sound decisions / Creative, flexible and innovative team player
- Strong organizational, planning, problem-solving and analytical skills
- ADP PayForce / Workforce experience is highly preferred
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is essential