To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hattiesburg, MS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mortgage Loan Originator
Hancock Whitney • Hattiesburg, MS
Posted 17 days ago
Thank you for your interest in our company! To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into your account.
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
Originate conventional, FHA, VA and RD loans which are compliant with investor requirements and all State and Federal laws and regulations; Promote Bank products and services to existing and potential clients in the community
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides expert mortgage advice to potential borrowers
- Stays current with
- Bank's underwriting policy;
- Investor guidelines;
- Applicable State and Federal laws and regulations and
- Changes in other aspects of the mortgage industry
- Develops and maintains referral networks of Bank associates and external referral sources such as Realtors, Builders, friends, family and others in the community
- Manages a clean pipeline of loans in process coordinating with Processors, Underwriters and Closers on a daily basis
- Delivers all compliance documents and disclosures in a timely manner
- Takes a very complete application and collects all required documentation (such as income tax return, bank account number, purchase agreement, and property description, etc.) for verification.
- Prepares the borrower(s) for the process and keeps ALL of the parties involves in the process, up to date on all important developments and current status of application
- Informs applicant of closing costs such as appraisal, credit report, and notary fees
- Coordinates the closing with the borrower(s), closing agents, Realtors and others involved in the transaction
- Interviews loan applicants to document income, debt, and credit history
- Determines if applicant meets establishment standards for further consideration
- Answers applicant's questions and asks for signature on information authorization forms
- Submits application forms to Mortgage Loan Processor for verification of application information
- Calls applicant or other persons to resolve discrepancies, such as credit report showing late payment history
- Informs applicant of loan denial or acceptance
- Keeps Bank associates up to date on changes in the industry and works as a team member with the other lines of business
- Keeps all compliance requirements up to date and maintains a working knowledge of the products and services provided by the other lines of business and Bank affiliates
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by Senior Management
- Incumbent is required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2 years of sales experience required
- 2 – 4 years of Mortgage origination experience is preferred
- This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment you will be required to either register on NMLS or re-register and move your previous registration. Your continued employment in this position is contingent upon successful registration immediately after your start date and annual renewal of your registration thereafter. In addition, information obtained during the registration process may impact your employment.
- Knowledge of all Mortgage laws, procedures, rules, regulations, etc. on a federal, relevant state, local and bank-wide basis
- Ability to learn or knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; Ability to learn or knowledge of Outlook email program
- Excellent communication, analytical, customer service and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel
- Strong presentation skills
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS:
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
- Ability to travel
- Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 25 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an “undue hardship” then the employee must be accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.