To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Big Spring, TX 79720
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER-12 HR
The GEO Group, Inc. • Big Spring, TX
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Facility: BIG SPRING CEDAR HILL
Compensation Base: 19.31
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
With your background in security operations/corrections as our Security Guard (Correctional Officer), you will be overseeing and monitoring the activities of the inmates or detainees in living areas, recreation activities areas, dining areas and visitation areas. You will be coordinating and monitoring inmate or detainee movements, conducting counts and providing emergency response as needed. In addition, you may be assigned to various posts including, but not limited to, the control room, front and sally port entrance, health services, special housing, perimeter safety, transportation, work details, reception, intake and visits officer, etc., as required by management.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing safety in program activities and supervising labor crews in various areas around facility
- Conducting shakedown for contraband materials, either individually or as part of a specialized team; confiscating contraband in accordance to facility and contracting agency policies and procedures
- Initiating disciplinary reports on inmates or detainees
- Preparing reports and maintaining daily logs as required
- Ensuring prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates or detainees in the event of injury, illness or trauma
- Promoting facility cleanliness and reporting need for maintenance or repairs
- Serving as member of special teams to respond to emergencies asrequired
- Completing training courses as required by facility training standards
- Performing correctional duties for any shift as defined by management
- Performing other duties as assigned
As our Security Guard, you mustbe mature, flexible, with the ability to command the respect and confidence of inmates or detainees and staff. You must be philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility and possess a high tolerance to mental stress. Working experience in a correctional setting is preferred.
Additional requirements include:
- High school diploma or equivalent certification
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field, preferred
- Possession of applicable state requisites for employment
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours
- Mustbe able to regularly report to work without being late
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is assigned
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24 hour period
- May be required to possess valid state driver’s license
- Training in cultural diversity or sensitivity, preferred
You will be part of a stable, established and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification, which will present you with a range of different challenges. Since we do prefer to promote from within, you will have opportunities to move to other facilities, as well as to different divisions within the company. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependents)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Legal program – Legal Club of America
- Paid time off
- Direct deposit
- Theme park and attraction discounts
Equal Opportunity Employer