You will represent Fidelity in the interactive process with associates who have a disability as defined by the American s with Disabilities Act and Amendments Act. (ADA/ADAAA). You ensure that the firm is in compliance with the guidelines of the ADAAA, provided by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and minimize risk to the firm by researching and finding creative, reasonable solutions to allow associates to perform the essential functions of his/her job. You collaborate with multiple business partners, including Legal, Business Unit HR, Corporate Technology, and others to influence critical partners throughout the process and to drive unique solutions for accommodation requests. You drive strategy that promotes accessibility for all associates.The Expertise and Skills you Bring
- Experience with FMLA and leave management required. Experience with ADAAA, disabilities and accommodations preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the opportunity to advise, influence and collaborate with all levels within the organization, Legal and multiple other partners to drive resolution of accommodation requests in a timely manner.
- Enjoy researching possible products (including technology) and services to find accommodation solutions, leading through situations where there is no clear standard or practice. May include benchmarking with other companies, national organizations, or vendors.
- Ability to detail and present all relevant facts of a case to determine next steps and find the best possible solutions, while balancing the needs of the associate, business unit and Fidelity.
- Experience in Human Resources/Employee Relations.
- Identifying and implementing standard practices, process improvements, and consistent approaches to the accommodation process.
- Time management, organization, and prioritization skills. You will manage a case load of 200-250 of the most complex accommodation requests, ensuring timely responses.
- Written communication skills. Factual documentation of dates, conversations and all steps in the process is critical. You will write customized emails and letters that are specific to the individual associate situation.
- Exceptional verbal communication on inbound/outbound phone calls to educate on leave and accommodation processes and policy.
- Interpersonal, consulting, influencing, and relationship management skills, including the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with associates, all levels of management, and business partners.
- Leadership skills to drive effective focus on solutions (Sample project: leading discussions with vendor management, legal, procurement, technology, Enable ERG members, and Fidelity's Inclusive Experience Team to present the need for, and select, an on-demand captioning software).
- Effective problem solver who is self-motivated, taking ownership and accountability for results.
- You navigate unchartered territory to work towards effective solutions.
This is an opportunity to join the Leave of Absence and Accommodation Team within the HR Shared Services / Associate Servicing organization. This centralized team administers leaves of absence, requests for accommodations due to disability, and workers compensation claims for Fidelity s US based associates.
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in California only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Washington only:
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.Join Us
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accommodation Advisor, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling \u0022[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accommodation Advisor.\u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accommodation Advisor.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accommodation Advisor, or by calling
, prompt 2, option 3.
- Americans With Disabilities Act Amendments Act (Adaaa)
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Relationship Management
- Claim Processing
- Coaching And Mentoring