UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The more health care changes, the more certain values count. Like quality, patient-centric care, compassion and a dedication to going the extra mile. In this role a Maternity Case Manager will educate expectant families, coach for lifestyle change when appropriate and screen for high risk situations. Telephonic interactions with members are structured around pregnancy and post-partum education and screening. Health coaching for behavior change and self-advocacy are also key tools in this role.
This is a work from home position working with the Healthy First Steps Program. Employee must reside in Oklahoma City, OK area.
If you are located or within commutable distance from Oklahoma City, OK you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Effectively screens for high risk maternity situations
- Coach and motivate member to take action to reduce risk of pregnancy and post-partum complications
- Establish trust and build long term relationships with expectant mothers
- Support the care needs of the mother-baby dyad during and after a NICU admission
- Support safe discharge home and transition of care post-discharge and reduce NICU readmissions for our smallest members
- Provide information about common comorbidities, other health conditions that may affect NICU baby’s discharge planning and transitions of care
- Provide individualized member health education and link member / family to appropriate community resources including but not limited to, information / referral to sources of financial assistance, transportation, support groups, and other community services
- Care coordination and collaboration with community partners
- Serve as member advocate and liaison with physicians, families, community agencies and others as needed to ensure continuity of care
- Modify the plan of care, as appropriate, based upon reassessment, the member need for further care or services and the achievement of identified goals
- Utilize established standards of care to identify and address members’ gaps in care
- Participate in rounds with the Medical Director and discussing cases as needed
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via in-person or on-phone interaction
- Visit members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals or provider’s offices
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted Oklahoma RN license
- 4+ years of clinical experience
- Clinical experience in obstetrics and NICU
- Computer / typing proficiency to enter/retrieve data in electronic clinical records; experience with email, internet research, use of online calendars and other software applications
- Access to high speed internet from home
- Dedicated work space from home
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to member’s home within a designated area
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bachelor’s degree or greater
- Case Management experience
- Certification in Case Management (CCM)
- Experience working with the needs of vulnerable populations who have chronic or complex bio-psychosocial needs
- Bilingual skills
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Ability to transition from office to field locations multiple times a day if needed
- Must possess transportation to visit clients in various locations
- Ability to travel varied distances and multiple locations / terrains to visit assigned client locations
- Ability to carry equipment to and from field locations needed for face to face member visits (ex. laptop, etc.)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, NICU, pediatrics nurse, Obstetrics RN, Maternity case manager, case management, care manager, managed care, field-based, healthcare, health care, telecommuter, telecommute, Green Bay, Wisconsin, WI, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote