SGS isthe world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certificationcompany. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity.With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 officesand laboratories around the world.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PRIMARYRESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible forhardware & test development activities. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
•TheEngineer works with test operations team to diagnose and resolve problems with test equipment.
•TheEngineer working with operations seeks to develop commonoperational tasks, develops and improves test procedures.
• Direct allaspects of burner/electrodynamic shaker testing projects
• Leads data quality checking and data delivery• Perform data analysis and interpret results to help guide experiments
• Diagnoses and resolves test cell equipment problems ina timely manner
• Clearly communicateswith Technicians the projectrequirements and timing
• Work with customers to definetest requirements and develop test plans
• Be accountable formeeting test and development project objectives and meeting quality objectives.
• Work with Technicians to conducttests and maintain test celloperation closely following the defined process.
• Configure the test cell automation systemfor testing, including channel set-up,calibration, programming of test sequences, and set-up of measurement instruments
• Coordinate with Operations to ensurecombustion air, engine cooling, fueling, electrical, and emissions samplingsubsystems are adequate for each project
• Ensure bestengineering practices are followed
• Update internal procedures and develop new proceduresas required
• Quality check all test cell configurations,programming, and test data
• Seek opportunities to improve thesafety of the laboratories andprocesses. Develop and carry out tasks to continuouslyimprove the safety of the operation.
• Reviews requirements andspecifications from users, managers, customers, and other stakeholders.
• Reviews andunderstands the governing requirements and specification from ISO, SAE, US EPA, state government, UL, ETL, or other agencies and organizations.
• Identifiespotential quality issues and risk factors.
• Identifies actual or potentialdeficiencies and areas for improvementin accuracy, reliability, durability, and/or responsiveness, and advocating for appropriate improvement actions with seniormanagement.
SGS Automotive Services N.A., a division of SGS Group based in Geneva Switzerland, one of the ten businesses in the US, provides commercial and statutory automotive related services to our clients in the US, Canada, and Mexico. SGS Automotive is a vehicle inspection company for the study, development and application of technologies for motor vehicle testing, diagnostics, repair, technician training, and information management. Coupled with developing and managing Inspection and Maintenance programs, SGS also provides a wide range of commercial automotive industry inspection services such as New Car, Off-Lease, certified pre-owned, auction, B2B online, and dealer testing, inspection, and certification services. QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS degree and/or technical experience equivalence.
- Minimum 4-5 years experience working within the field of Quality at various levels.
- A variety of experience in more than one field, i.e., automotive, testing, validation, machining and electronics or aerospace, medical, etc.
- Ability to teach and train quality tools, hands on experience in all areas of QA and QC
- Detailed oriented and strong inspection/observation skills
• Bachelor’s degreein Engineering required (accreditedschool)
• Hands onengineer, enjoys getting equipment operational.
• 3 years ofrelevant professional experience, in engineering assignments.
• OEM experience inengineering / validation.
• Specific knowledgeof relevant ISO, SAE, US EPA, BAR, UL, or ETL requirements also a plus.
• Strong and soundtechnical ability, particularly related to hardwaretesting.
• Solid understanding of qualityassurance processes (requirements analysis, root cause analysis, structuredtesting, test planning and execution, test documentation, troubleshooting,defect tracking, etc.).
• Language Skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret generalbusiness periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, orgovernmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, businesscorrespondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively presentinformation and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients,customers, and the public.
• Mathematical Skills: ability to calculate figures and amounts such as mean, median, mode, standarddeviation, sum, cross tabulations, discounts, interest, commissions,proportions, and percentages.
• Ability to apply concepts of basicalgebra and geometry.
• Able to work ina varied, fast paced environment.
• Willing to traveloccasionally to client, supplier, orother sites.
• A team player willingto teach and to learn from others.
•Able to work independentlyand efficiently to meet team deadlines and goals, while appropriately raising issues to management.
• Able to promptly respond to support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
To perform this job successfully, anindividual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with orwithout reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
This job description should not beconstrued as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities orrequirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained hereinrestricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties andresponsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disabilityemployer.
Qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion,national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a positionwithin the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-lineemployment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 forassistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Pleasenote, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is onlyfor individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due toa disability.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and assuch we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classificationswithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age,marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as aprotected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics."
"This position is responsible to ensureequal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and onthe basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions,training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel action.