Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, Brambles created one of the world's most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. Brambles primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The Group employs more than 10,000 people and operates in over 60 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For further information, please visit www.brambles.com.
ASSISTANT PLANT MANAGER
This position provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure operating efficiency and the highest level of customer service. This position is responsible for assisting the Plant Manager with total plant operations and delivering superior customer satisfaction by driving results and exceeding expectations in the key areas of budgeting, compliance, safety programs, and people management.
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Supervise the work of all production employees – oversees production and shipping schedules based on availability of raw and finished goods.
• Coaching of employees that models the values and culture of the company.
• Provide hands-on leadership as a supervisor, responsible for mentoring and coaching all employees and working through employee relations issues.
• Support plant administration to ensure compliance to established policies
• Responsible, in consultation with Plant Manager, for the cost performance of the Plant in partnership with the overall P&L of the Plant.
• Support cost control initiatives and process control within the Plant.
• Review operations activities, including local transportation activities, to maintain compliance with all Federal, State and local laws (OSHA, DOL, DOJ, EPA, FD)
• Drive Safety improvements (Zero Harm) across the Plant
• Ensure the consistent execution of all SOPs throughout the Plant in accordance with the PMS Commercial Organization, Global Supply Chain
• Deliver best operational practices and cost efficiencies across the Plant while maintaining critical quality and raw material utilization standards that are necessary to maintain customer satisfaction and Plant profitability.
• Ensure compliance through teamwork for all Standard Operating Procedures within the Plant
• Identify Lean opportunities to effectively eliminate waste
• In partnership with Plant Manager, provide leadership to Plant staff to effectively recruit, train, develop, evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor their activities
• Drive efficiencies in asset utilization through proper transportation scheduling, dispatch, & driver management while meeting customer expectations.
• Customer Satisfaction
• Cost Per Metrics
• Inventory Accuracy
• On Time Performance
• Damage Rate
• Product rejections
• Allocation compliance
Director, Regional Managers, HR, and Accounting
• Associate’s Degree OR equivalent experience required / four-year college degree is preferred or equivalent experience.
• Experience working in a manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, and/or logistics environment
• Prior forklift operations experience is required
• Proven track record of success and stability (1 to 3 years)
• Familiarity with both OSHA and DOT regulations and requirements strongly preferred
• Results-oriented and can meet deadlines and commitments
• Mechanically Inclined (electric/conveyor knowledge is a plus)
• P&L and budgeting experience strongly preferred
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Applicants need a good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
• Demonstrated solid decision making
• Ability to provide new ideas - “think outside the box"
• Works well unsupervised
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be willing to work 1st or 2nd shift, Saturdays, and extended hours as necessary
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as Brambles or CHEP representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. Brambles and CHEP never conduct interviews via online chat or request money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Assistant Plant Manager.