Security Network EngineerCompensation:
Our Fortune 500 Bay Area (San Ramon, CA) client is seeking a knowledgeable Salesforce Security Engineer who will us their detailed understanding of the Salesforce platform and industry security practice to guide business and engineering decisions. Ensuring strong security measures are included and accounted for throughout the story writing and development process.
As the Salesforce Security Engineer your specific responsibilities will include:
- Being a program-wide expert on Salesforce technologies and, in time, the custom solutions already deployed.
- Provide technical and architectural security guidance to engineering, QS, product management, and BSA teams.
- Work with non-technical teams to help guide security roadmap definition, prioritization, decision making. Augment functional requirements with architectural guidance in order to ensure acceptable and secure implementation.
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of technical and security standards and compliance.
- Work as an extension of the Salesforce Architect and Development team(s) collaboratively to improve the security maturity in the Salesforce platform.
- Perform security configuration assessments on the Salesforce environment, plug-ins, use cases, APIs, etc. to ensure security best practices.
- Define and ensure effective monitoring and alerting for security-related events are effectively integrated into Security Operations
- Define, document and publish security requirements that ensure secure design, development, and deployment of Salesforce configurations.
- Coach and continually educate engineering and development teams on security principles and best practices to improve the secure development lifecycle.
- Provide continuous improvement solutions to keep up with changing and evolving threats.
- Develop and maintain metrics that clearly show material KPI’s for security controls and practices.
- Be a critical contributor to the overall improvement of security operations effectiveness by working closely with internal and external teams to understand threats, security gaps, process needs, etc.
- Develop and deploy automation for repetitive tasks, forensic data collection, and other useful methods as appropriate.
- Monitor logging, event management, and systems for unusual or suspicious activity.
- Ensure that secure practices, procedures, and policies are designed and implemented, provide input into future state decisions regarding information security technology design.
- Utilize existing security tools and develop and/or deploy additional tools that enable increased visibility and awareness of known and potential threats.
- Participate in investigations of suspected misuse or non-compliance reviews as requested by auditors.
- Closely monitor proper testing, performance, system updates, releases and security requirements
- Monitor, manage, ensure the completeness and effectiveness of security event monitoring across all appropriate areas. Provide timely and appropriate recommendations for improving coverage.
- Respond in a timely and effective manner to suspected loss or misuse of technology or data using standard Incident Response practices.
- Document security architecture, infrastructure components, and operating procedures to help maintain and manage a service catalog.
- Be a thought leader and mentor to junior staff to help the team grow and enhance their skills
- Stay 100% up-to-date with improvements and new features in the Salesforce ecosystem.
- 5+ years extensive, varied, senior-level Salesforce technical experience across multiple Salesforce implementations (heavy focus on Security preferred) - Expert understanding of the Salesforce product suite, especially the relationships between the core platform, Marketing Cloud, Community Cloud and Service Cloud - One or more Salesforce certifications (preference for Platform Developer II, Technical Architect) - Outstanding technical skills with core salesforce platform features including the Lightning framework - Ability to work with other IT teams and/or external solution providers to understand the technology landscape and define and document end-to-end solution architectures - Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills and demonstrate poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations. - Ability to communicate the vision and technical roadmap for the platform internally and externally - A degree in a technical field or comparable experience - Strong preference for exposure to one or more of… - Salesforce Einstein AI features such as Data Discovery, Intent, Bot, etc. - Design & build of AWS based systems (EC2, SNS, S3, API gateway, etc) - Off-platform technologies like Java, Heroku Connect, Pentaho, Tomcat - Consumption and provision of RESTful and SOAP based APIs - Skilled in APEX and Visualforce - Experience with data integrity, data quality, data migration and data maintenance - Proficiency using the Force.com platform, Salesforce APIs, and SOQL - Understanding and experience working with security frameworks (NIST CSF, ISO 27001, SOC II, etc.) - Experience with securing Identity and Access Management best practices. - Experience and understanding of Data Loss Prevention techniques. - Experience and understanding of Rights management practices. - Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment. - Understanding of the regulatory landscape and compliance requirements (i.e., SOX, PCI, GDPR, CCPA, etc.).
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at
to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Salesforce Security Engineer.