To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Baltimore, MI 48047
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Human Resources
Nesco Resource • New Baltimore, MI
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This position will be responsible for providing strategic leadership in the development and implementation of all human resources policies and procedures in accordance with the ethical and social consciences of business and society, laws and regulations set forth by governmental agencies, and other regulatory and advisory authorities. Working from our New Baltimore, Michigan location, this position will oversee all domestic and international human resources functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote continuous improvement in the development of the Human Resources acumen of business leaders through leadership, guidance, and education.
- Provide sound counsel and leadership to management with respect to employee relation matters, including but not limited to DOL and EEO laws and regulations, company policies and practices, and employee retention and recruiting.
- Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the corporation. Identify appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the company.
- Develop programs to allow the corporation to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Oversees talent management, including training and leadership development, retention, recognition, employee communication and career development.
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against relevant comparable companies, industries, and markets.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives, and rewards for effective performance.
- Maintain knowledge of both domestic and international HR policies, best practices, laws, and regulations and coordinate the integration of all such programs.
- Provide technical advice, knowledge, and mentorship to others within the organization.
- Oversees HR systems, employee records, and I9s to ensure accuracy and improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. Ensures timely and accurate submission of data requested by governmental and authority agencies.
- Continuously improves and maintains administration of all employee programs and benefits including 401(k), MESP, medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, short-term disability, workers' compensation and FMLA.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Masters' degree in Human Resources or Business.
- Senior HR certification: SHRM-SCP or SPHR
- 10 + years related experience.
- Ability to communicate articulately and effectively (written, oral, and verbally) with clients at all levels within the organization.
- Must be willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally and have or be able to obtain a valid U.S. passport at own expense.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, go up and down stairs, walk and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
- Multiple workers in the same area will limit privacy and lends to multiple conversations/situations in the same area at the same time. Must be able to concentrate and demonstrate the ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
- Smoking is not permitted in the building or on the property.
- Must have reliable transportation & able to attend business related meetings utilizing such
- Company will reimburse the cost of any Visa deemed required & authorized
- Must be willing & able to travel wherever & whenever reasonable travel is required
- Must have & be willing to use their personal credit card(s) during company travel for which they will be reimbursed upon a fully completed & approved expense report
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.