To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hanover, PA 17331
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Wheelchair Van Operator
Penn Township Volunteer Emergency Services • Hanover, PA
Posted 1 month ago
HANOVER AREA FIRE & RESCUE is currently accepting applications for the position of Wheelchair Van Operator, full-time and part-time. Hourly rate begins at $11.00/hour and is commensurate with experience. Successful candidates for this position will provide superior care to those in need of non-emergency medical transport. The Wheelchair Van Operator will act in a professional manner when transferring patients to and from medical facilities in Hanover and the surrounding areas.
Job description as follows:
- Provide transportation from residence or facility to clients in company issued vehicle in a responsible and courteous manner
- Respond to non-emergent calls to transport patients either inter-facility or facility to home;
- Follow the scheduled route on a daily basis with punctuality
- Conduct pre and post trip vehicle inspections and maintain logs for the same
- Reach the office in neat and clean uniform on time, sign in, collect and follow the days schedule
- Operate wheelchair lifts and mobility scooters expertly to facilitate clients in boarding and un-boarding the vehicle
- Demonstrate excellent and safe driving skills in a customer service oriented manner
- Take meter reading for each trip and keep record of mileage covered and fuel refills made
- Keep vehicle clean and organized inside and out at all times
Candidates must possess a valid a Pennsylvania state driver's license, be 21 years of age, and have a clean driving record and no criminal background. Previous paratransit/wheelchair van operation experience is preferred but not required.
Resumes shall be submitted to Hanover Area Fire & Rescue, Attn: Rebecca
Please click "APPLY NOW" to submit your resume today.
Deadline for Resume submittal is Friday May 10, 2019 at 4:00 PM
HANOVER AREA FIRE & RESCUE COMMISSION is equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.