Jamison Professional Services, Inc. (“JPS”) is currently seeking qualified and motivated candidate for the position of Medical Support Assistant in the Cottonwood, AZ area.
Services performed would be a variety of tasks and functions that support general administrative tasks in a health care administration and clinical sections. These duties would include:
• All duties as a Medical Support Assistant (MSA) for outpatient clinics, patient- call center, or consult management team. The majority of this work would be centered on patient scheduling and general reception functions at a medical center or outpatient clinic.
• Scanning of records and documents into an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) to support Healthcare Information Management (HIM) functions at any medical centers. Could also provide general reception support in the Release of Information (ROI) offices at various medical centers.
• Processing of claims for reimbursement for patient related travel (mileage reimbursement and vendor claims) and dispatch assistance for the Veterans Transportation Service at each medical center.
• Assistance with processing claims for Eligibility and Enrollment at all VA Medical Centers in the network, as well as general reception support for all administrative offices at the facilities.
• Support for Community Care departments at all medical centers for community care scheduling, answering phone calls in that department, general reception functions, and consult management work.
• Medical Support Assistant: MSAs are considered the chief sources of patient care and patient flow information and are responsible for a range of duties which include interpreting and verifying provider orders in accordance with VHA National Scheduling Directive guidelines. The MSA schedules, cancels, and re-schedules patient appointments and/or consults; enters no-show information; prepares for clinic visits; monitors appointments, consults, and request for areas of responsibility. The MSA enters recall reminders, monitors recall reminder processes and delinquencies, ensures that encounter forms are completed in order to obtain appropriate workload credit; responds to VS GUI, VISTA, and CPRS alerts. The MSA scans insurance cards, protects secure information and completes all insurance capture buffer encounters required by (ICB); The MSA works with patients to complete Release of Information (ROI) forms to pass to ROI team for further action, teaching patients how to sign up for the secure messaging system in MyHealtheVet, authenticating patient access in the secure messaging system in MyHealtheVet, and receiving and relaying messages between patient/provider using the secure messaging system, etc. Phones – makes outgoing and receives incoming calls.
Travel Clerk: Review requests for reimbursement of travel costs and reconciles claims/vouchers for payments using electronic systems. Review ambulance claims for eligibility and payment. Assists in arranging transportation for eligible patients and works with clinical teams to request appropriate mode of transportation.
• File Scanning: Would assist Health Information Management (HIM) service to scan and/or upload outside medical records into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
• Community Care: Would assist VA Community Care Staff in contacting Veterans to obtain preferences (if needed), scheduling/rescheduling appointments with community providers and enter appointment provider, date, and time information. After the appointment, follow-up the community provider or Veteran to confirm the Veteran was scheduled and/or went to their appointment and request
Eligibility and General Reception: Provide general reception services in the Eligibility Office and other front facing administrative offices across the medical centers and outpatient clinics. Answers general administrative questions that Veterans would have, greets all customers in a courteous and efficient manner, and administratively triages the particular customer needs and assists in connecting them
with the appropriate staff member to resolve.
• The staff will cover workload for general administrative staff who are on extended leave, to bridge the gap during vacancies, or can be reassigned to handle backlog in any clinic or needed area.
• The contractor must possess the ability to quickly adapt to change, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and accommodate new situations and realities. The employee is required to learn all the required duties of the medical support assistant, file scanning, travel support, eligibility support, community care, or general administrative or reception duties and effectively function with little or no dependence on others.
Must have the following experience or education (or combination of both) to meet minimum qualifications for employment:
(1) Six months experience of clerical, office, customer service, or other administrative work that indicates the ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position
(2) One year above high school
(3) Experience/Education combination: Equivalent combination of experience and education are qualifying for entry level for which both education and experience are acceptable
• The skill of a qualified typist is required, average 40 wpm, as data entry is a main responsibility of this position.
• Knowledge of the operation of several types of office equipment and software/databases relative to data extraction and inputting.
• Basic knowledge of the functionality of the computerized patient record.
i) The services covered by this contract shall be furnished by the contractor as defined herein. The contractor will provide coverage Monday through Sunday 0700-1730. These are full-time, contracted positions at 40 hours per week.
ii) Depending on the need of the facility, the tour of duty may be set at a 10-hour shift with a ½ hour lunch period or 8-hour shift with ½ hour lunch period.
Jamison Corporate Overview:
Jamison Professional Services, Inc. (Jamison) is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) headquartered in metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia. We specialize in providing professional management, administrative, healthcare, court reporters and transcriptionist experts, and document/ record and telehealth operational support solutions to U.S. Government, State and commercial clients. Jamison is a nationwide professional staff augmentation company, that helps commercial clients and government agencies expand their talent acquisition reach by sourcing, assessing, developing, and managing the talent that enables them to be successful.
Jamison offers a wide range of employment opportunities in the commercial and government sectors. We seek employees who share our values of service excellence, integrity, and professionalism.
Jamison affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment and/or discrimination. In addition, JPS adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business.
Jamison’s commitment to equal opportunity is applied through every aspect of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, placement, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, termination, and all other matters of employment.
Applicants may be required to successfully complete an online assessment to determine qualifications for positions requiring specific skills.
All applications must be submitted through our application system at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Medical Support Assistant - Cottonwood
- Clerical Works
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Medical Records