Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the team that supports the CFO for the TRMC
• Support a team in the performance of accounting activities related to conducting and documenting complex financial analysis projects and applying Government financial standards, policies, concepts, practices, and methods
• Supports complex professional analysis in the areas of budgeting and reporting at the Office of the Secretary of Defense Program Element, portfolio, and project levels
• Generates and processes Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs) generation and processing for TRMC investment programs
• Reviews and analyzes financial reports and data for accuracy and identifies, reports, and corrects errors as required
• Works closely with the CFO and program managers to ensure funding of programs is properly maintained
• Supports the budget formulation for Program Objective Memorandum (POM) inputs
• Conducts review of program manager developed spend plans in support of POM initiatives
• Monitors contracts executed and supported by TRMC for financial compliance
• Performs various analyses of financial reports and data from Government accounting systems. Summarizes and reports to management on overall financial execution and financial position as required
• Produces monthly trend reports and supports internal and external audits as required
• Executes other duties as assigned by the CFO
• Some travel may be required
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum 5 year's prior directly relevant experience relevant Department of Defense financial management experience
• Keen understanding of federal government budget/accounting systems, processes, procedures, and regulations; Federal financial database familiarity
• Past participation in, or exposure to, internal controls documentation and testing
• Strong analytic, administrative, communication, computer, and organizational skills
• Solid financial and planning skills
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Team oriented
• Self-motivated: proactive
• Strong analytical skills/attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Office application and accounting software
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Attention To Detail