Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group in Minnetonka, MN, is a Fortune 5 health care and well-being company on a mission to improve the health system and expand access to quality care in all 50 states in the United States and in more than 130 other countries through a portfolio of innovative approaches, products and services. UnitedHealth Group's workforce includes 85,000 physicians and nurses. The core capabilities of the company are focused around clinical expertise, advanced technology and data and health information. UnitedHealth Group serves clients and consumers through two distinct platforms: UnitedHealthcare provides healthcare coverage and benefits services, while Optum features information and technology-enabled health services. Driven by the values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation, and performance, the company is eager to explore the tremendous potential of digital health care. Career opportunities are available in the areas of Customer Service & Claims, Clinical, Health Care Operations, Corporate Services, Consulting, Project Management, Sales & Marketing, and Technology. Employees named the following 7 reasons to work with UNH: possibility to improve the lives and health of others, career growth and development, exceptional colleagues, innovative solutions, need to outperform competitors, personal empowerment, and recognizing contributions.
The Sr. Client Executive role is a sales and client development role accountable for driving the company's growth agenda with strategic and key clients. This role will be accountable for client growth targets by leveraging solution and consulting offerings from across Optum Life Sciences’ data, analytics, and outcomes research expertise.
The predominant measure of success is net client growth and client satisfaction/retention. The chosen candidate will be expected to meet or exceed client expectations.
If you are located in the Midwest or West Coast U.S. , you will have the flexibility to telecommute as you take on some tough challenges.
- Drive growth with assigned strategic and key clients. Responsible for client relationship management and sales, partnering with consulting and the business units to drive new growth and successful delivery execution
- Develop deep relationships with the client executives (C-Suite and decision makers), providing strategic, thought-leadership on the client's industry and market
- Understand the client's unique business environment and challenges
- Utilize consulting selling and collaboration skills to architect Optum wide solutions
- Ensure Optum understands the client's strategic objectives and the initiatives that support the business strategy
- Partner with client delivery teams to ensure client expectations of service and execution are clearly understood, communicated and met
- Provide input to relevant Optum colleagues on market trends as represented by our clients
- Direct strategic, client specific initiatives which deliver "values add" services through the execution of client business plans
- This role is a key contributor to the annual client planning process and works with the team to execute, update and refresh the plan throughout the year
- Develop and monitor client financial performance and profitability
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of strategic business development or client management experience in Healthcare
- 5+ years of experience in driving deep, productive relationships with senior - level client executives in the Healthcare segment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Life science sales experience
- Advanced consultative selling skills with the ability to successfully construct solutions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively message, position and present information for client impact and influence
- Excellent negotiation, influencing, collaboration and listening skills
- Proven ability to analyze complex market opportunities and develop creative solutions to a wide variety of unique market problems
- Proven ability to operate and effectively navigate in a highly complex, matrix environment
- Ability to successfully negotiate complex internal operating environments with a high level of collaboration
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $70,000 to $140,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $70,000 to $140,000. Role is also eligible to receive bonuses based on sales performance. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.