Kforce has a client in search of a Office Clerk in Lewiston, ME.
The main function of a general office clerk may include sorting documents, payroll records, take inventory, and distributing mail. A typical office clerk acts as an information and communication distributor for an office.
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, and address complaints
- Greets visitors, ascertains their identity, has them sign in and notifies appropriate employee of visitor arrival
- Answer telephones, direct calls and take messages
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions and other activities
- Compute, record and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems
- High School diploma or GED / equivalent
- Knowledge of business and accounting processes usually obtained from an Associate's degree, with a degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Health Care Administration preferred
- Must have 1+ years of Healthcare (Hospital or physician) related AR experience
- EPIC experience is a plus
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines, including HMO/PPO, Medicare, and state Medicaid Follow up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe
- Knowledge of HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid, and other payer requirements and systems
- Effective communication abilities for phone contacts with insurance payers to resolve issues
- Customer service skills for interacting with patients regarding medical claims and payments, including communicating with patients and family members of diverse ages and backgrounds
- Able to work in a team environment
- Problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of medical terminology likely to be encountered in medical claims
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.